Why can I insidious my charged chainsaw but not my hatchet?

Why is insideous not activated while holding hatchet?
Why does leatherface have the ability to use insideous with chain saw charged up?

Comments

  • Would it really help that much?
    Insidious doesn't stop the humming, or Freddy's singing unless they changed something.

  • I think it should work on huntress like it does on any killer. I dunno if this is deliberate or just an error. Just seems like its restricting the dynamic use of the perk insideous.
  • Either way the humming is still going to give away your exact location.

  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Either way the humming is still going to give away your exact location.

    True but you can snipe from a much further distance and if you're running M&A along with that game over.

  • @powerbats said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Either way the humming is still going to give away your exact location.

    True but you can snipe from a much further distance and if you're running M&A along with that game over.

    I suck at running huntress - not sure why, but the hatchets annoy me. They are clunky. That said, I ran survivor with my wife last night against a very impressive huntress. He sat on the hill pegging us at either exit as we tried to get gates. He was sickly accurate from long distances all game. I don't run DH or DS, so I had to zigzag, but too many others were total Ricon Stark'ing it and ran straight. Was a bloodbath. I had to comment on those sick skills after the match. He never used M1 all match. 3k'ed with all hatchets. Was fun.

  • AshleyWB said:
    I think it should work on huntress like it does on any killer. I dunno if this is deliberate or just an error. Just seems like its restricting the dynamic use of the perk insideous.
    Imagine using the word dynamic together with insidious lol, but I see what you mean 
  • I assume it’s a bug.

    Insidious shouldn’t work with any power being actively used.
  • You can stalk while the insidious effect is active on The Shape too.

  • @ModernFable said:
    I assume it’s a bug.

    Insidious shouldn’t work with any power being actively used.

    The perk descriptions states "By standing still for 4/3/2 seconds, you reduce your Terror Radius to 0 metres and thus become stealthy until you move or act again."

    So insidious should indeed stay active if you hold M2, no matter whether you do that as leatherface or huntress. It should work as huntress too and if it doesnt, then its a bug

  • Master said:

    @ModernFable said:
    I assume it’s a bug.

    Insidious shouldn’t work with any power being actively used.

    The perk descriptions states "By standing still for 4/3/2 seconds, you reduce your Terror Radius to 0 metres and thus become stealthy until you move or act again."

    In some translations of the perk, it says it turns you invisible. Other perks like Spine Chill, have had effects that it doesn’t state. While some others don’t have all the effects they say they do.

    The perk is description is not a the undeniable truth. There are text errors, and Behavior is extremely slow on fixing them. 

    Either way, Insidious has never worked while charging a power before, and it shouldn’t now. If it does, it’s a bug.

    Maybe in the future that could be a buff, but for right now it’s just a bug.
  • Master said:

    @ModernFable said:
    I assume it’s a bug.

    Insidious shouldn’t work with any power being actively used.

    The perk descriptions states "By standing still for 4/3/2 seconds, you reduce your Terror Radius to 0 metres and thus become stealthy until you move or act again."

    So insidious should indeed stay active if you hold M2, no matter whether you do that as leatherface or huntress. It should work as huntress too and if it doesnt, then its a bug

    Your forgetting act, tho 
    Charging yout power is technically an action isnt it?(may be nit picking but im putting in this as to why i think powers should cause the perk to deactivate when charging them up)