DC, Are you sure?

This is kind of an over-debated topic, but I have a simple idea to help reduce DCs (that I feel like at ton of ppl have already thought of tbh).

I think that adding a pop up confirmation window after hitting the leave match button would reduce DCs by a significant margin. If someone is dcing from a game, it's because they're letting their emotions overwhelm them, and giving this small second of 'Are you sure you want to DC?' can be just enough time to calm down a bit. Plus, it's a pretty unobtrusive thing to add. The pop up could warn the player about the loss of blood points and challenge progression, and maybe even show the DC penalty they'd incur if they decide to quit, but that's all just extra. <3

Comments

  • I think that's actually a pretty sound suggestion.

    Even just psychologically, having that extra button press makes it a bit of a pain to do, and if you showed the DC penalty they'd acrue as well that's a natural way to incentivise players to keep playing...

    All we need is a solution to SoH and we're set.

  • Another confirmation window on top of the one we already have? I don't see the point.

    Although I wouldn't mind the additional information of how long your penalty would be if you confirm the DC added to the current confirmation window. Maybe that'll be enough to get people to change their mind.

  • @bdonqwe said:

    This is kind of an over-debated topic, but I have a simple idea to help reduce DCs (that I feel like at ton of ppl have already thought of tbh).

    I think that adding a pop up confirmation window after hitting the leave match button would reduce DCs by a significant margin. If someone is dcing from a game, it's because they're letting their emotions overwhelm them, and giving this small second of 'Are you sure you want to DC?' can be just enough time to calm down a bit. Plus, it's a pretty unobtrusive thing to add. The pop up could warn the player about the loss of blood points and challenge progression, and maybe even show the DC penalty they'd incur if they decide to quit, but that's all just extra. <3

    I know this mock-up doesn't look visually attractive — but I think it expresses the concept behind the design well enough.

    puppy.png concept.png
  • @UndeddJester said:

    I think that's actually a pretty sound suggestion.

    Even just psychologically, having that extra button press makes it a bit of a pain to do, and if you showed the DC penalty they'd acrue as well that's a natural way to incentivise players to keep playing...

    All we need is a solution to SoH and we're set.

    I am sorry about double-posting, but re-reading your post with something to drink has made me think.

    You know how the number of bloodpoints goes up at the end of a match? People who DC should experience the reverse. Imagine if BHVR went to the nearest college and got some unpaid internships from students in the Spring semester — and had them make a carbon copy of the special end screen for disconnections where bloodpoints count down to 0 instead of counting up. It would begin by showing the number of bloodpoints earned by the survivor. And they would have to watch it reduce to 0 before moving on.