Some quick generator math

(EDITED TWICE FOR MISTAKES)

  • A generator requires 80 charges to complete.
    Survivors contribute 1 charge per second by default.
    For each survivor after the first working on a generator, each survivor contributes -0.1 charge.
    4 survivors on a gen contribute 2.8 charges per second.

  • Prove thyself increases each survivors' charges by 0.3.
    4 survivors with prove thyself on a generator contribute 4 charges per second.

  • An engineer's toolbox contributes an addition 0.25 charges, clean rag adds 0.1, and socket swivels adds 0.15 making for an additional 0.5.
    4 survivors with prove thyself, and an engineer's toolbox with clean rag and socket swivels contribute 6.0 charges per second.

  • Resilience adds 0.09 charges per second while injured.
    4 survivors with prove thyself, and an engineer's toolbox with clean rag and socket swivels AND resilience contribute 6.36 charges per second.

  • If the killer is looking at you while you have Spine Chill, you gain an extra 0.06 charges.
    4 survivors with prove thyself, and an engineer's toolbox with clean rag and socket swivels AND resilience AND spine chill contribute 6.6 charges per second.
    80/6.6=12.1212121

So, without BNP, the fastest you can do a generator is 12.1 seconds.

Comments

  • That's a quick gen :lol: But unlikely to happen outside KYF.
    What would be the time for 3 survivors on a Gen, with Prove Thyself and toolboxes?

    Thank you for taking the time to do this, It's very interesting!

  • Prove Thyself only works on ONE Survivor at a time, so 30% for a specific Survivor at best.

    Spine Chill increases repair speed by 6%.

    When considering these facts in your calculation, you'll end up with 4.92 c/s which* results in 16.26s per gen.

    Still not bad :)

  • @Bongbingbing said:
    That's a quick gen :lol: But unlikely to happen outside KYF.
    What would be the time for 3 survivors on a Gen, with Prove Thyself and toolboxes?

    Thank you for taking the time to do this, It's very interesting!

    The fastest 3 survivors could do a generator would be 16.2 seconds.

  • @PiiFree said:
    Prove Thyself only works on ONE Survivor at a time, so 30% for a specific Survivor at best.

    Spine Chill increases repair speed by 6%.

    When considering these facts in your calculation, you'll end up with 4.92 c/s with results in 16.26s per gen.

    Still not bad :)

    You can only be affected by one Prove Thyself at a time. It increases charge speed by 0.1, for a total of 0.4 if there's four survivors on a generator.
    EDIT: Prove Thyself works on each survivor, but only once per survivor.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    Prove Thyself only works on ONE Survivor at a time, so 30% for a specific Survivor at best.

    Spine Chill increases repair speed by 6%.

    When considering these facts in your calculation, you'll end up with 4.92 c/s with results in 16.26s per gen.

    Still not bad :)

    You can only be affected by one Prove Thyself at a time. It increases charge speed by 0.1, for a total of 0.4 if there's four survivors on a generator.

    I swear I don't get this perk discription, maybe it's because my english is not the best but I just keep interpreting it differently.

    It doesn't make sense to me that it says you get 10% repair speed bonus PER SURVIVOR NEARBY but at the same time 1 Survivor is the highest buff you can get? Where's the logic in that?

    From my understanding, only ONE survivor can get the prove thyself buff at a time, but up to 30% due to 3 survivors nearby.

    E: So if 2 survivors with Prove Thyself work on a gen, both get 10% bonus? Someone lied to me then, because last time I assumed this people told me that I should read up how this perk works lol

  • @PiiFree said:

    @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    Prove Thyself only works on ONE Survivor at a time, so 30% for a specific Survivor at best.

    Spine Chill increases repair speed by 6%.

    When considering these facts in your calculation, you'll end up with 4.92 c/s with results in 16.26s per gen.

    Still not bad :)

    You can only be affected by one Prove Thyself at a time. It increases charge speed by 0.1, for a total of 0.4 if there's four survivors on a generator.

    I swear I don't get this perk discription, maybe it's because my english is not the best but I just keep interpreting it differently.

    It doesn't make sense to me that it says you get 10% repair speed bonus PER SURVIVOR NEARBY but at the same time 1 Survivor is the highest buff you can get? Where's the logic in that?

    From my understanding, only ONE survivor can get the prove thyself buff at a time, but up to 30% due to 3 survivors nearby.

    Ah, I got it wrong. It's still actually 0.3 extra charges per survivor.

  • @PiiFree said:

    @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    Prove Thyself only works on ONE Survivor at a time, so 30% for a specific Survivor at best.

    Spine Chill increases repair speed by 6%.

    When considering these facts in your calculation, you'll end up with 4.92 c/s with results in 16.26s per gen.

    Still not bad :)

    You can only be affected by one Prove Thyself at a time. It increases charge speed by 0.1, for a total of 0.4 if there's four survivors on a generator.

    I swear I don't get this perk discription, maybe it's because my english is not the best but I just keep interpreting it differently.

    It doesn't make sense to me that it says you get 10% repair speed bonus PER SURVIVOR NEARBY but at the same time 1 Survivor is the highest buff you can get? Where's the logic in that?

    From my understanding, only ONE survivor can get the prove thyself buff at a time, but up to 30% due to 3 survivors nearby.

    E: So if 2 survivors with Prove Thyself work on a gen, both get 10% bonus? Someone lied to me then, because last time I assumed this people told me that I should read up how this perk works lol

    Okay I fixed my mistakes on spine chill and prove thyself. You can actually do a gen even faster lol.

  • I think you got it wrong again.

    Prove Thyself can only work on one Survivor at a time.

    So, the other 3 Survivors would not benefit from Prove Thyself at all while one Survivor gets the 30% speed boost, resulting in 70+70+70+100 c/s.

  • @PiiFree said:
    I think you got it wrong again.

    Prove Thyself can only work on one Survivor at a time.

    So, the other 3 Survivors would not benefit from Prove Thyself at all while one Survivor gets the 30% speed boost, resulting in 70+70+70+100 c/s.

    In my hypothetical, each survivor is running Prove Thyself. Prove Thyself affects the user as well as the other survivors around him. The text "only works on one survivor at a time" just makes it so that each survivor can't get really ridiculous gen speeds. I think.

  • Don't forget to tell @Master about your math here. They were asking for this stuff for a while in another thread about gens.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    I think you got it wrong again.

    Prove Thyself can only work on one Survivor at a time.

    So, the other 3 Survivors would not benefit from Prove Thyself at all while one Survivor gets the 30% speed boost, resulting in 70+70+70+100 c/s.

    In my hypothetical, each survivor is running Prove Thyself. Prove Thyself affects the user as well as the other survivors around him. The text "only works on one survivor at a time" just makes it so that each survivor can't get really ridiculous gen speeds. I think.

    That's exactly what I thought aswell but people told me it works differently.

    I gotta test in KYF... This is such a poorly written description.

  • @PiiFree said:

    @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    I think you got it wrong again.

    Prove Thyself can only work on one Survivor at a time.

    So, the other 3 Survivors would not benefit from Prove Thyself at all while one Survivor gets the 30% speed boost, resulting in 70+70+70+100 c/s.

    In my hypothetical, each survivor is running Prove Thyself. Prove Thyself affects the user as well as the other survivors around him. The text "only works on one survivor at a time" just makes it so that each survivor can't get really ridiculous gen speeds. I think.

    That's exactly what I thought aswell but people told me it works differently.

    I gotta test in KYF... This is such a poorly written description.

    Well, from what I can gather, the progression bar is now blueish white whenever you are contributing exactly 1.0 charges per second, and it becomes yellow or red when you go above or below 1.0 c/s respectively. You can use this to test prove thyself by itself I guess.

  • @PiiFree said:

    @AntiJelly said:

    @PiiFree said:
    I think you got it wrong again.

    Prove Thyself can only work on one Survivor at a time.

    So, the other 3 Survivors would not benefit from Prove Thyself at all while one Survivor gets the 30% speed boost, resulting in 70+70+70+100 c/s.

    In my hypothetical, each survivor is running Prove Thyself. Prove Thyself affects the user as well as the other survivors around him. The text "only works on one survivor at a time" just makes it so that each survivor can't get really ridiculous gen speeds. I think.

    That's exactly what I thought aswell but people told me it works differently.

    I gotta test in KYF... This is such a poorly written description.

    Basically. You remove the penalty of working with other survivors. Y'know how you should do a gen in 40 seconds when working with the other survivor because that would make sense? With Prove Thyself that will happen.
    Instead of the 44 (or whatever the amount of the time it takes) seconds without Prove Thyself.

  • Prove thyself increases each survivors' charges by 0.3.

    I am not 100% sure of this, but the Prove Thyself text states:
    "Increases the Repair Speed by 10 % for each other Survivor working on a Generator within a range of 4 metres. Gain 50/75/100 % more Bloodpoints for cooperative Actions."

    It doesn't say Base Repair speed, so assuming that it's your (current) repair speed, then it would be:

    Normally 1c/s
    With 1 survivor 1c/s * 0.9 = 0.9 c/s
    With 1 survivor and prove thyself 0.9 c/s * 1.1 = 0.99 c/s
    3 people and prove thyself would be 1 * 0.7 * 1.3 = 0.91 c/s

  • @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

    Prove thyself increases each survivors' charges by 0.3.

    I am not 100% sure of this, but the Prove Thyself text states:
    "Increases the Repair Speed by 10 % for each other Survivor working on a Generator within a range of 4 metres. Gain 50/75/100 % more Bloodpoints for cooperative Actions."

    It doesn't say Base Repair speed, so assuming that it's your (current) repair speed, then it would be:

    Normally 1c/s
    With 1 survivor 1c/s * 0.9 = 0.9 c/s
    With 1 survivor and prove thyself 0.9 c/s * 1.1 = 0.99 c/s
    3 people and prove thyself would be 1 * 0.7 * 1.3 = 0.91 c/s

    How did you get your second calculation? You've absolutely lost me there.

  • @AntiJelly

    In the script, it's possible that they have a base-value of 1c/s.
    Based on a condition (multiple people on a generator) this value gets set to either 0.9, 0.8 or 0.7.

    If 3 Other people are working on a Generator this value will be set to 0.7 c/s. This is your repair speed.
    Prove thyself will give you 10/20/30% extra repair speed based on a said condition. In this case 30%.

    0.7 c/s multiplied by 1.3 (aka 30% increase) = 0.91.

    Only if the Devs miss-worded the perk and meant Base-Repair speed (thus 1 multiplied by 0.3 added to the 0.7) would prove thyself actually cancel out the debuff.

  • @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    @AntiJelly

    In the script, it's possible that they have a base-value of 1c/s.
    Based on a condition (multiple people on a generator) this value gets set to either 0.9, 0.8 or 0.7.

    If 3 Other people are working on a Generator this value will be set to 0.7 c/s. This is your repair speed.
    Prove thyself will give you 10/20/30% extra repair speed based on a said condition. In this case 30%.

    0.7 c/s multiplied by 1.3 (aka 30% increase) = 0.91.

    Only if the Devs miss-worded the perk and meant Base-Repair speed (thus 1 multiplied by 0.3 added to the 0.7) would prove thyself actually cancel out the debuff.

    Ah, I see. I'll test it out in KYF later, because this is a very confusing perk.