slugging in general?

honestly, i dunno if people even care anymore, but apparently this is a legit game tactic. and it upsets me a little. im asking you all, genuinely. what do you think of this whole 'slugging' thing? personally, i'd rather see my screen say 'the entity hungers' that slug people and be lazy

Comments

  • @StalkingYou said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3871719#Comment_3871719


    sometimes i really do wonder why survivors try to twist literal facts into odd personal remarks about one's own skill

    like, if someone says that slugging is the most efficient way to win, they'll get a response like yours, saying something completely off topic like "oh well if u can only win by slugging then youre just not good blah blah blah"

    slugging is the most efficient way to win right now, its more efficient than hooking, and it has literally nothing to do with people's skill

    also: "just spread pressure" is the new "just pressure gens" lolol

    this community has developed a well known coping mechanism where people don't wanna admit they made any mistakes in gameplay, but somehow it always has to be "sweaty" opponent and game balance. In this case, people try to insult skill of their opponent because they need a good coping mechanism to get over losing matches. Little do they know that this is one way ticket to never improving at the game.

  • There's no real reward for hooking, it punishes you more (activating strong survivor perks and making pallet/flashlight saves possible). I guess they'd have to reward killers for hooking, as now it's sometimes not even worth it.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    This is a very simplistic and emotional way to view it. Killers aren't being 'lazy', 'cheap', or 'skilless' by slugging. They're playing smart (playing to win). I can only assume you're playing at a level which doesn't require you to do that. But some of us do play at that level. Yes, it becomes THAT hardcore. Gens done in 5 minutes or less. All 4 run out, with 2 hooks total. Survivors letting themselves get downed just to protect a death hook teammate or to complete a gen. And this is against high level killers, who are powerless to stop it.

    We've come to the conclusion that hooking is no longer worth it, because of all the benefits survivors get vs what we get. With Pop, we can knock 8% off a gen or something, with Pain Res another 20%, and then the gens get done away. But with Resurgence survivors can instantly heal off hook, with Deliverance they can unhook themselves, with DS they get a free stun even against non-tunnelers, and they've still got several hooks to go. Why would we want to bother with all that? Playing into all that would be eating out of the survivors' hands. We'd be playing to lose. So we slug, and circumvent all of that. There's no malice, or lack of skill or game knowledge, in doing that.

    Who's "we"?

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    To everyone saying 'More agency on the ground'. you're really grasping for anything, aren't you?

    The issue is its boring. But, also gens are boring. Hooks are boring. Not being in a chase is boring.

    Whats fun about the game?

    I really honestly feel that if a person can't figure out how to make this game fun for them even when losing, they need a break. I can still have fun punching stuff as Nemesis even if I 0k. I can still have fun derping around with my friends with flashlights even if we all die.

    If you (collective you, not YOU personally Spare_Them_Mori_me) cannot find a way to have fun or find humor in this game even when you lose, this is not the game for you. You're expected to sometimes lose. And as Survivor especially you are expected to lose about 10% more often than the Killer does, because that's just how the game is.

    If your only fun is in winning, you need to play a single player game.

  • When you own every DLC, and have every perk on every character, bloodpoints don't matter so much.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3873868#Comment_3873868

    Agreed. Im there. Just tossing out the only reason i could think of. And the reason is usually moot and insufficient. Bhvr could bandaid and give massive points for hooks and it still wouldn't change anything, imo. Im very curious how things take shape though. Will they try new perks to combat sluggin like with DS and other such nonsense perks? Who knows!

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3873625#Comment_3873625

    I agree with most of this. And for context, my game name is also 'Spare Them, Mori Me?' so believe me, I am fine with dying over and over and over. In this game, especially in solo'Q, you need to make your own fun sometimes. If that said created fun shits on the game for everyone else, feels like bhvr should peek at it and see whats up. Buuuuuuut its just a feeling and something wanted, not really necessary. Playing the game, you pretty much agree to be at the mercy of another human being able to dictate your time is spent into the game. Damn… sounds stupid when i read it out loud lol.

    Good points though. Thank you.

    You make some good points too and I agree - if the way you have fun is to make others miserable, this also isn't the game for you. It shouldn't even be about BP, I'm at the point I have won enough and unlocked all the things that I genuinely no longer care that much about wins or BP anyway except for levelling people up (I still do not have a p100 or everyone fully leveled). Frankly, I think the game gets a lot better when you stop feeling like you ever need to grind anymore because there's not much more to grind for. It means you can focus on just playing and enjoying it, doing whatever you want, challenges, personal goals, improvement, whatever. There is no limit or arbitrary need once you unlock everything, it's all a big ol' sandbox you can goof in. It really is so freeing when you stop focusing on a win ratio or how badly you need to escape/4k.

    Booting this game up is a bit of a contract, you agree that you might end up losing, and you agree that you can't control the outcome, and THEY agree to hopefully not be a jerk and just play with sportsmanship. At least that is how it should be, everyone should go in more with a "may the best man win" approach if everyone's gonna treat this game like it's comp instead of a casual "try to kill people/not die" horror movie style experience - because it's clearly not trying that hard to be serious in tone or competitive. Maybe it did at one point, maybe the mechanics say it is, but it certainly isn't the actual spirit of this game. However if y'all want it to be comp, it's long past time to act like it instead of being a little child - be a good sport and don't whine about how the other side plays, just play and no matter what happens may the best man win.

    I like your username and I think we may have run into each other a few times; I've seen that username before. From what I recall you are pretty decent at the game! If I ever see you in game again I will definitely try to Mori you and let the others go. :) I love Moris and am happy we have endgame Mori, though I don't always take it.

    Per the slugging thing? Again, I think the only really problematic form of this is the actual toxic bleedout and die slug or being left in the corner to bleed because you crawled off. The best option I think, still, is just to either have ONE basekit Unbreakable per round that activates solely after 30 seconds (you can get another with the perk, or two more sorta with Plot Twist), or to have a 2 minute bleedout timer so this cannot be abused by either side. 2 minutes is reasonable for everything else, why is bleedout four minutes? If you didn't want a basekit Unbreakable abuse, too, you could have an AFC style timer where it only goes up and activates it if the Killer is standing near you, because if you crawl off to bleed out the only one to blame is yourself. Then you would have to make it so that the Killer gets an unblockable Aura read on any leftover slugs at about the halfway mark of the bleedout, preventing hiding to spite the Killer out of points.

1 2 ›