BHVR is scamming their patreons

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1hxk4ib/the_bhvr_scam_me_out_of_2500_gold_cells/

Give that guys his cells back.

Comments

  • still no dev response lol, I see players getting scammed isn’t important enough for them to comment on

  • the least they can do is to provide a list of banned countries

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3868359#Comment_3868359

    My best guesses on the devil's advocate:

    1: They don't want to give any ground on a no refund policy. None of us actually own what we buy, we have virtual copies until one day the servers close, and they don't want to create a legal argument for future refund possibilities.

    But this seems like such an extreme situation that it doesn't make sense.

    2: There's some detail that isn't revealed related to the country / region / BHVR / license etc that makes a refund impossible from a legal standpoint.

    Except if that was true, I would think they would explicitly say 'we can give so and so a refund because of this legal reason'.

    There's a possibility they don't want to cast the blame on another party they are still trying to work through, but that seems like an incredibly slim guess.

    3: The purchaser tried to avoid the region lock with a VPN or something like that.

    Again, I'd expect BHVR to just tell us that if it was true.

    I thought the same thing purchasing content using a VPN. This would probably violate a fine print somewhere because no one actually reads them. I feel that yes it does look bad on the company but if said person purchased in violation of fine print it would be understandable why a refund isn't granted. Also if they are the only person that purchased said outfits then it definitely was a VPN or something else.

1 2 ›