Addressing problematic slugging

This is sort of a continuation of a previous post but combining all of the feedback into a new suggestion of how to address problematic slugging.

In my previous post I argued that basekit UB would be a good way to counter problematic slugging in the game. However after more thought and discussion I think it has the potentiality to be abused by SWF and also removed value from killer power. For this reason and with the help of other community members I have come up with a new idea.

A token system. Basically if all living survivors are downed (by the means of the killer directly, not plot twist or something like that), then everyone gets a token, this token allows for survivors to pick themselves up from the dying state provided that they have fully recovered (not just a instant button press). Once the survivor has picked themselves up or been picked up by a teammate, their token is consumed.

This system would allow for killers to still get almost all of the use of their power without worrying about survivors picking themselves up. It would also be difficult to be abused by SWF as the killer has the power to not down the last survivor.

Furthermore I think another reason why killers don't want to hook is because of the lack of incentive to do so. Hooking activated many survivor perks and risks prehook saves. For this reason I think adding something like a mini basekit pop (idk 10%ish) when the killer hooks a survivor could be a good idea. Furthermore it could also help some killers who have weaker pressure. I'm not sure if this is the best implementation of a hook incentive but if you have any suggestions please throw them in the ring.

Additional small changes:
If there are 2 survivors remaining, one is on hook in at least the struggle phase and the other is downed, the survivor in struggle phase should die. This just prevents dragging the game out so the killer can instantly start the finishing mori instead of trapping the last survivor in the game for an extended time.

If you have any comments or suggestions or criticism then please discuss.

Comments