The real reason devs are scared to make 2v8 permanent

Because they know the vast majority of casuals would never play 1v4 again, which is the mode they spent years working on to "balance" and this would damage their pride that most players prefer the chaotic fun party mode of the game instead of the boring frustration of 1v4.

Comments

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3848972#Comment_3848972

    If what you two are saying is true then it kinda tells me that maybe dbd doesn't have the player base to support the ratio 2v8 requires and support both 2v8 and 1v4.

    So its not the player base size per se, there are plenty of players. The problem is that they need to keep the players in roughly equal proportions. You could have a massive player base, but if you move far away from that 20/80 split queues will slow down.

    Imagine there were a hundred and ten players in the game. 30 of them wanted to be killer and 80 of them wanted to be survivor. Let's say you are killer 30 in the queue. The first twenty killers will get a game, all 80 survivors will get a game, but then you have to wait for 36 survivors to finish their games, queue up again, before the next four finally give you the game you want. You could multiply those numbers by a billion, as long as you have an imbalance on the sides its going to create issues.

    Looking at the history of other assyms, I think BHVR just kind of got there through a combination lucks, bribing the players, and many years of trial and error.

    At the end of the day if 2v8 did become permanent it most likely led to me uninstalling the game bc how will affect the game as a whole for me. My reasons why I would most likely stop playing if 2v8 became permanent:

    1: Queue times will continue to be 20 mins for killers across the whole game and even if they would get better over time we most likely looking at MONTHS for that to happen.

    I'm not sure if it would be months. I suspect if it was permanent the luster would fade quickly on the rush to play killer and/or killers would eventually drop out of the killer role and play survivor.

    However, it definitely would be an issue. Whether that would be times of a minute or two or ten+ is just guess work.

    "I'm not sure if it would be months. I suspect if it was permanent the luster would fade quickly on the rush to play killer and/or killers would eventually drop out of the killer role and play survivor."

    Im pretty sure it would and I've seen others who also think it would take months for ppl to get tired of 2v8. Scott Jund who loves 2v8 has said it would take a while for queues to return to normal naturally if 2v8 was made permanent. Even if you are right it didn't take a monthes, my 2nd point would still be true in my reply and I still think the game can't handle 2v8, normal 1v4, and chaos shuffer. I paid for dbd to play 1v4 and thats the mode I want to play but 2v8 I think will lead to that mode being worst and not fun. This why I say it need to be an event thing or its own game.

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    Personally, I think if there was a mode that should be permanent, it should definitely be Chaos Shuffle. Not only do you get a random experience, where you don't have to face meta perks every game, but it is also a great casual mode, that builds on the standard 1v4 mode.
    I would like for it to have a randomizer element for items and add-ons as well, as it could make things even more fun, where you really have to play to the strengths of the perks and items/add-ons given to you.

    Random characters could also be a thing to consider, making this mode fully random.

    2v8 is fun and all, but there are some major drawbacks to it, such as killer queue times, little variation when people find the best killer combo, and so on.

    I dream of Chaos Shuffle being the permanent nonsweaty mode of my dreams with 2v8 and its jank and queue issues being a mode relegated to the backburner, only to come back every so often as a quirky one off limited mode and take over the Chaos Shuffle queue for a while.

1 2 ›