The Houndmaster's Power feels horrendous to use.
Snug has a million inconveniences that add up to an overall very frustrating time when playing Houndmaster. Here's some examples, people reading this can feel free to add more inconveniences when using the killer.
(Please don't add any balance suggestions unrelated to this clunkiness, instead just add ways in which this killer feels clunky to control, as I want to keep this thread focused.)
- If Snug is returning to you after a search and he ends up behind you, your power will never begin recovering unless you either stop or walk backwards so he realises the two of you are stood less than a foot apart.
- If Snug grabs a survivor and has to try and path around any sort of obstacle, he will end up looping you, dragging the survivor away from you and delaying or outright preventing the hit.
- Sometimes Snug will simply walk past a survivor he's supposed to be grabbing so he can vault a window.
- The specificity on telling Snug to search a Generator or Gate is so tight that sometimes I'll press the command button and in the time it takes for me to do that the marker has moved away from the objective I'm pushing and instead tells Snug to Search exactly where we're both stood.
- Getting the grab itself is difficult enough, as Snug will get caught on random things, like pots in the ground on Eyrie or any of a million rocks.
- If there is a drop at all, Snug will refuse any commands given and just stand there, even when he could very feasibly just walk and fall in the middle of his attack animation.
- Snug's pathing when searching will sometimes take him on esoteric routes that demand you lose distance before you make it if you decide to follow him.
I'll add more if I find more, as I'd like to get this Adept today. Thanks for reading.
Comments
the dog needs so much ######### tuning, the mutt runs into walls when i made a clear path
It's hard to read Snug on darker maps, making him very difficult to dodge and to add insult to injury the overall pathing feels weird.
yeah dude this new killer is horrendous. DBD needs to stop dropping AI killers until the coding is better. I mean for knight all you have to do is touch a window and his guards are useless.
played a few matches as the killer. saw some stuff. like snug being parked next to survivor after chase and not biting. cuz ya know. a dog cant turn its head to the right apparently.
Been trying (and failing) to do the Houndmaster adept all evening and I'm finding she has a LOT of problems. Most of them on their own aren't major, but the sheer quantity of them is making her kind of frustrating to play.
I was gonna make my own thread to air out my grievances but it seems easier to keep feedback in one place so I hope you don't mind if I just paste over what I was going to say in here.
There was a straight line between us and the generator, completely free of any obstructions. And yet when I send Snug out he decided to do this:
And by the time he got there, the survivors had left.
Houndmaster has a lot of potential, but right now she's very clunky.
I wouldn't have such an issue with pathing, because you can say he is actually searching for survivors.
Issue is you have to stay on exact path to use the speed boost. Just give it some lingering effect, so I can go straight to the target…
A few more Things:
If snug IS chasing onto a survivor and they predrop a Palette in His path. He'll Stop right in Front of IT, doing nothing.
While vaulting a Palette or Window, survivors can vault trough snug (atleast for palletes, saw a David do IT earlier).
In General IT also feels weird, that you dont get an injury / deepwound If inrjured, for successfully grabbing a survivor. IT enables survivors to simply camp palletes to negate your power