MMRmmrMMRmmrMMR!!!!!!
Good grief this soooooo has be fixed. The game claims that it matches to a players skill level, yet there's no way that's true. I'm not very good, haven't been playing long, yet every single match I play as a killer I get tournament level bullie squads that are close to or are 100.
When I play as a survivor, I get tied to players that rage quit, don't do gens, hide, killed off in seconds against killers that are super prestiged if also not 100. This is GARBAGE AND IS NOT FUN AT ALL.
Comments
Please remember: "skill" / winning in dbd does not often mean being skilled at the games mechanics.
A lot of people shift the games outcome heavily in their favour before the match even starts.
Something something hockey something something.
I think the problem with MMR is 3-fold.
MMR isn't real, your matchmaking is affected purely by RNG
Patiently waiting for the removal of SBMM from the game.
Brings back memories.
That's right. It needs to be fixed. Enemy #1 in this game.
You're new/casual, so you're supposed to be put with new/casual teammates and opponents. On the killer end, it's giving you players way out of your league. As survivor though, you are getting the normal teammates for your level. I'm actually astounded you're complaining about teammates not doing anything, because that's rare for newer players to realize. In fact, many have thousands of hours, and still insist that the killers are all overpowered, as their team can't even do 1 gen before dead. So once you get teammates who actually want to win, you'll do way better. But killer, I can't really help you. It's a tough role regardless of skill or experience. Experience and skills which you won't even be able to develop, as either role, because the game is shoehorning together players of ludicrously different caliber.
Sad thing, too. MMR was perfect when it was first launched. You knew what you were getting into. Now it might as well be random. And in all this randomness, the devs and the community are looking at stats like kill rate and say with a straight face, "These are completely reliable, and definitely aren't skewed." We can't have productive discussions on how to improve the game, because the matchmaking hides what the issues are and confuses everyone.
At his current level, yes. But that was how it was before MMR got screwed up. Now, who knows how many mismatches he has to endure before he gets put on an even playing field?
I laughed wayyyyyyy too hard at this one!
Ty! 😂🤣
Fixed by removing it. We should not have an MMR system for a game largely played out by RNG of maps. Like what's the point of skill based match making when pre-rework Sheltered Woods would have like 8 pallets max if you were lucky then go to a map like Gideons where almost all the pallets are either really safe or god pallets while having a max count of what around 20?
I am also in favor of removing MMR, it basically has done nothing but increasing the sweat when it works, but at times completely brakes down, which is also not what was advertised.
At one point this year I was matched against a 20h Nemesis, whom I could basically run circles around. Five days ago I was matched against a survivor group that obviously wan't prepared for a killer like me and I noticed and just 2 hooked everyone. Turned out that one player had a cool 112h in the game. That Aestri player thanked me with a live performance, which I always find endearing.
And yesterday, me and my 4 man SWF (granded, two if which have sub 200h, but us other two contributed 6k hours to the counter) were matched against a BLOODY beginner with just a single yellow perk.
If the MMR is that broken OR has to roll back regularly that much, in order to find lobbys, than its not worth all the salt its generating. Just use ranks again and have those players, who take the game seriously each month play together, that would be much fairer and fun.