Why I can't flashlight through a window on Haddonfield?

So I played a game on Haddonfield and there was a great opportunity to save someone. I played with flashlights and flashbangs many many times and I know timings and etc. But it's my first time trying flash light trough a window. And what the hell, why I can't do this? You can flash light trough a wooden window on Grave of Glenvale but u can't flash light trough a glass window on Haddonfield?!

Comments

  • polarized glass

  • You weren't playing against Twins in Brazil servers by any chance, were you?

  • @TotemsCleanser said:

    You weren't playing against Twins in Brazil servers by any chance, were you?

    Nope, Europe against the Dark Lord

  • @Mr_K said:

    polarized glass

    Good one😆

  • It is only a texture, for the game there is a solid object between you and the Killer. And in the end… gameplay over realism. If we start to think about Flashlights being able to shine through windows, we would also need to start to think about the fact that Huntress or Deathslinger should be able to throw/shoot through glass windows.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It is only a texture, for the game there is a solid object between you and the Killer. And in the end… gameplay over realism. If we start to think about Flashlights being able to shine through windows, we would also need to start to think about the fact that Huntress or Deathslinger should be able to throw/shoot through glass windows.

    True, but as I already mentioned, there are wooden windows on Grave of Glenvale where I can shine trough. And you mentioned Huntress, her hitboxes are so big and inconsistent that I wouldn't be surprised if she could do that XD

  • @TechnoRedMax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3835181#Comment_3835181

    True, but as I already mentioned, there are wooden windows on Grave of Glenvale where I can shine trough. And you mentioned Huntress, her hitboxes are so big and inconsistent that I wouldn't be surprised if she could do that XD

    These static meshes are probably designed in different times & in different way. Their characteristics & collisions aren't similar.
    On Glenn Vale, if you can export the entire map in a 3D Unreal Engine & if can do the same thing with Haddonfield, you probably will notice the difference between these 2 stuffs…

  • @n000b51 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3835277#Comment_3835277

    These static meshes are probably designed in different times & in different way. Their characteristics & collisions aren't similar.
    On Glenn Vale, if you can export the entire map in a 3D Unreal Engine & if can do the same thing with Haddonfield, you probably will notice the difference between these 2 stuffs…

    Yeah I know how it works. The question is not like "why it's working like that?", the question is why BH, WHY?! UE5 for what reason? What was the problem to make it like glass?

  • @TechnoRedMax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3835291#Comment_3835291

    Yeah I know how it works. The question is not like "why it's working like that?", the question is why BH, WHY?! UE5 for what reason? What was the problem to make it like glass?

    Because they - the Devs - don't think one single second a ranged killer will try to shot through it. You know, that is only by watching players playing their own game that the Devs make 'balance', edit/remove & update many things for the gameplay.

  • @Mr_K said:

    polarized glass

    sunglas?

    like sunglasses but singular?