Tell me about The Plague, please
I just decided to play her. How does she earn Deviousness points?! It seems impossible!
I don't quite understand her power. Do I want to just use vile purge? After I go to the fountain, her vomiting is red and I can't infect anyone?
Is it good to vomit on a hooked survivor? Or do players just do that to be toxic?
I don't understand the descriptions of her add-ons either. For example, "Decrease the number of pools of Devotion in the trial by 2"
I thought I wanted more of those so people will give me my power stronger?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Comments
More pools can be good but also most people will sit with the plague and not cleans till all gens are done.
So basics: Vile purge (green) on things to make people sick (gens, totems, lockers, items [cant remember if thats a thing], hatch, gate switches, and of course survivors) you want as many people sick as quick as possible and preferably the first hooked fully infected. If you hook a healthy we recommend puking on them so they become infected. Fun fact, you can effectively guard both gates if the last survivor is healthy.
Corrupt purge (red) immediately damages survivors instead of infecting them (one damage per stream, but can hit multiple survivors per stream). Generally we like to grab a pool when survivors are tagged but not cleansing, but up to you when you wana use em. Once theres no more clean pools you automatically get corrupt purge (whether you want it or not).
Are "objects" considered the generators? I wasn't sure what they meant by that 🤔
If I want as many Survivors infected then I should wait to visit the fountain that turns the purge red, correct? Because the red doesn't actually infect people? @Rulebreaker
She's really unique. Almost a flowchart killer.
You want to infect 2 or 3 survivors before you commit to your first chase. I typically run Corrupt Intervention and vomit on the open gens right at the start. This forces survivors to infect themselves or wait out Corrupt. I rarely commit to the first survivor I see. Usually just tag them with vile purge and rotate to infect other players.
Quick aiming tip: you generally want to be precise with vile purge and go for a wider spray pattern with corrupt purge. But there are quite a few hole shots you can hit with corrupt purge too.
Wait to grab your first fountain until you have someone hooked and some other survivors fully infected. It'll typically kick off a cleansing frenzy. You'll eventually get a feel for when to grab it.
Always infect survivors when you can, even if they're on the hook or slugged.
More advanced tip: your fountains completely reset when survivors cleanse at all open fountains. You can get 2 or 3 fountains at a time to prevent them from resetting your fountains if you catch on quick enough.
Just be ready for people to DC out. A lot don't like hearing the puking sounds all game.
What is this? I used it hoping for the 100% Deviousness bloodpoints, I even used Distressing! How do you score Deviousness points with her?
Yup. Though if people do keep cleaning for whatever reason your getting red regardless. Experience tells best when to grab a fountain. Red does damage people though so it aint all bad. (Our experience its usually once you grab red people either start cleaning like Edgarpoop said or they start to die fast, map depending)
I never knew The Plague could purge on totems! Is there any way to know how long the vomit remains on an object? Does it go away if not touched after a set period of time?
Deviousness points are fairly hard to come by as Plague, that's true.
You can basically never go wrong with infecting everyone and everything.
Vomiting on hooked survivors is good, since it's free infection.
Use the red puke when you know someone is near.
That one yellow add-on is not worth it and even Plague mains don't know why it's here.
Simply put, vomit on everything, and once all survivors are infected, all pressure is on them.
Also, if all of Plagues fountains get corrupted, she gets the Corrupt Purge automatically and all of the fountains reset.
You actually can't infect breakable walls anymore. And yes, while it's highly unlikely to infect someone through lockers or totems, it's free points. And Deviousness is already hard to farm as Plague, so…
Why do you want Deviousness points in the first place?
She doesnt injure whith basic or special attacks, so she doesnt earn malicious points either, like bubba and Billy…
Do you really need a million bp after 4000 hours?!
Yeah, I decided that I want to play a wide variety of killers now while keeping Freddy as my main and Myers as my secondary.
I guess I have perk ocd where I have to have every perk unlocked at Tier 3 on any killer that I'm going to be playing with.
Sad, but true 😑
Some things about the Plague:
Mostly advice/tips based on what questions you have asked in this thread. There are a bunch of plague mains you can find on youtube and such, and I know Otzdarva played a lot of plague for a while, so you could probably find plague tips and gameplay on his youtube channel too.
Thank you so very much for taking the time to type all this. It is incredibly helpful.
Thank you 🙏
You have 2 different powers. Red and green vomit.
With the green vomit you can infect everything that a survivor can interact with. Totems, pallets (no matter, if they're dropped or still up), vaults, gens and even lockers. If a survivor interacts with these, they get infected. You can also infect them by using the green vomit directly on them. Infected survivors spread infection by interacting with the map (e.g. repairing a gen). If a survivor is on the hook and you haven't infected them yet, puke on them to get them infected. You can't get it to 100% but that way you won't have to do it later on and there is a chance they will also infect the unhooker.
Infection: This is a bit more complicated. You can read about the specifics here.
In general, you can earn a lot of Deviousness points by just puking on everything. If it exists, you can probably puke on it and that will already reward you quite a few points.
You can also try to continuously vomit on a survivor in chase to get more points and get them fully infected sooner but that only works when they are either bottlenecked or not looking behind them.
Most survivors are not very comfortable staying injured the entire time, so they will use your fountains to get rid of the infection, which turns them into red fountains. Try to stop them from overcleansing by using red fountains regularly. Otherwise it's reset to only 1 fountain being corrupted and you getting red puke when may not even need it.
Red puke gives you more BP on hit but it doesn't apply infection. You can try and force survivors to cleanse by proxy camping. They will not get that survivor off the hook, if they are broken themself.
Plague is a killer you play to win with and ignore particular survivor metas while ignoring things like BP...or fun :P
I'd recommend Surge though, that perk helps make up for some BP by being efficient