Higher ping since at least mid chapter

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: My ping used to range from 65 to 75 (sometimes it would drop to 60 or under) to 70 - 90 or even higher and the ping spikes are way more frequent. This doesn't happen on any other online games and my internet speed and ping is exactly the same on speedtest . net. Also restarting the router doesn't seem to help at all so it's unlikely that it's something on my end.

PLATFORM: PC

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: I just noticed it every time I log to play the game,

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • I have the same problem. Located in Sweden. My ping usually is around 60-70 in game. When the event started it went up to 180-250. After a few days and a full reinstall of steam and dbd it went back to normal. Saturday afternoon (26/10) the problem came back again and I havn't been able to play since. I have reinstallad dbs and cleared all cache on steam. No luck.

    Doing speedtests my ping is 6-7. (Six to seven ms).

  • @Nsslan said:

    I have the same problem. Located in Sweden. My ping usually is around 60-70 in game. When the event started it went up to 180-250. After a few days and a full reinstall of steam and dbd it went back to normal. Saturday afternoon (26/10) the problem came back again and I havn't been able to play since. I have reinstallad dbs and cleared all cache on steam. No luck.

    Doing speedtests my ping is 6-7. (Six to seven ms).

    It's bad isn't it, especially with the event going on right now and I don't want to lose on the rewards because it's so frustrating to play like this.

  • @p2bg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828880#Comment_3828880

    It's bad isn't it, especially with the event going on right now and I don't want to lose on the rewards because it's so frustrating to play like this.

    It's very frustrating. I couldn't play for the first 3 days of the event. The ping made it impossible, it was several sexonds of delay on every move. Fortunatly I managed to get all the revards in the tome the days it worked. But now it's back to bad ping again. I hope it gets fixed before the next level open.

  • And now it works again. I have no idea why. Reinstalled the latest drive to my grafics card, but I don't see why that should affect my ping.