Do you think the devs inspired the idea of this game in Gantz anime/manga?

A few days ago remembered Gantz anime which I watched about 10 years ago, for those who havent read the manga or watched the anime, in that anime some people are taken to a room in which there are a "man" prisoned in a sphere called Gantz. Gantz teleport them to a delimited territory with some monsters in it and if any of them leave the delimited area instantly die, so they are forced to fight against the monsters using a power outfit.
There are enough parallellisms between Gantz are DBD that make me think DBD developers inspired in the manga/anime when creating this game.
The room - The campfire
Gantz - Entity.
Monsters - Killers
Delimited area - DBD maps.
The only difference is the people of the anime must kill the moster for winning instead scaping.

Comments

  • Gantz isn't the first to do this trope either.

    DbD is more inspired by Lovecraftian tale than anime.

  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Gantz isn't the first to do this trope either.

    DbD is more inspired by Lovecraftian tale than anime.

    Which is the first? I'm interested.

  • No. I would probably have seen a bare boob that didn't belong to the Hag, and survivors would be able to fight back.
    I tried watching it, but it was just a bit too brutal for my liking.

    DBD is inspired by old slasher flicks. 70s and 80s stuff.


  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    No. I would probably have seen a bare boob that didn't belong to the Hag, and survivors would be able to fight back.
    I tried watching it, but it was just a bit too brutal for my liking.

    DBD is inspired by old slasher flicks. 70s and 80s stuff.

    I know about the 70's 80's stuff (slasher movies), but in that movies the killers simply kill the teenagers and usually one (girl) scape. However in the game, despite having the killers inspired in the 70's 80's movies, the concept of a unknown entity tooking the people to another dimension and forcing them to face monsters (killers) in a delimited area is not seen in any 80's movie and maybe it's inspired by Gantz due the amounts of parallellisms.