Why nobody wants to play this modifier as survivor?

image.png

As expected, the bloodpoints bonus has been on survivor since the modifier got implemented on Thursday because it is still poorly designed for survivor gameplay. The killer pool that they face there is constantly the same with borderline abusive powers (info related) in a mode that is supposed to play around exactly not having infos. They completely destroy the point of the game mode and it's understandable people do not want to face such killers (Doctor, Skull Merchant and Legion from the top of my head, since they're the ones I have faced every other game in rotation during my tome challenges completion.)

With this game mode I feel the same I do about 2v8 with how impossible it is to get into a game as killer in a timely fashion, and I understand perfectly why and honestly I can't blame people for not wanting to play survivor here past their tome challenge completion.

Personally I would kill switch killers with info powers solely for the reason of defeating the point of the game mode, or at least tweak such powers (I do not get why Legion still gets killer instinct in this game mode, like it's the most ridiculous in MY opinion.)

Any thoughts and ideas on how to improve the survivor experience for this game mode? It's been released twice and even after the survivor tweaks we got this time, I feel that it's still not appealing enough and still lacks traction for survivor gameplay.

Comments

  • @GonnaBlameTheMovies said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3801809#Comment_3801809

    That's honestly what I do as a Ghostface Main, the mode IS very easy for him and I won't deny that, so I have been being pretty damn nice and even letting people go.

    I genuinely want to spook people so I'm playing the Stealth Killers I love because extra spooky, I don't see an issue with them having better stealth than normal because of that.

    Ghostface is good because he can just swivel into the darkness with his power until someone's icon starts lighting up, and he can find people when he shouldn't be able to.

    He can literally always do that. On every dark or indoor map. The info from being Revealed is part of his power, always has been, and a good Ghostface can use that outside the mode too - or is just never caught because they run Shroud cooldown addons. This point is moot.

    I remember seeing a ghost face stalking me just at the very edge of the fog... I couldn'tsee his mouth and I swear to God he looked straight up like a shyguy xD

    Untitled Image

    Also this mode goes up to 200%? In the EU I haven't seen more that 75% either way.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/427211/why-nobody-wants-to-play-this-modifier-as-survivor

    I really don't think the game mode would work. I'm a killer main and even I think lights out is easier as survivor, that's why I played survivor to do the tome. Survivor mains are very difficult to please these days, like you say even with the extra buffs for survivors this time round still isn't good enough and I don't think anything will ever be good enough for a lot of people. Just seems to be the way it is, no matter what buffs survivors get or nerfs killers get survivors are never satisfied lol

    No side is satisfied ever about buffs and nerfs, don't twist it into an Us Vs Them fight for sympathy or conflict points, please. That's not the point of this post at all.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3801819#Comment_3801819

    I remember seeing a ghost face stalking me just at the very edge of the fog... I couldn'tsee his mouth and I swear to God he looked straight up like a shyguy xD

    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/043/428/692/large/the-digital-takoyaki-oscar-villen-shy-guy-insta.jpg?1637238992

    Also this mode goes up to 200%? In the EU I haven't seen more that 75% either way.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

    I am from EU servers lol

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/427211/why-nobody-wants-to-play-this-modifier-as-survivor

    I really don't think the game mode would work. I'm a killer main and even I think lights out is easier as survivor, that's why I played survivor to do the tome. Survivor mains are very difficult to please these days, like you say even with the extra buffs for survivors this time round still isn't good enough and I don't think anything will ever be good enough for a lot of people. Just seems to be the way it is, no matter what buffs survivors get or nerfs killers get survivors are never satisfied lol

    Do you really think the mode is easier as survivor? I don't think you are being sincere. And why would survivors ever be satisfied when the statistics show the game is killer sided. Yeah you can say all you want killer is supposed to be the power role, but as long as the results are so lopsided survivors will keep complaining and feel justified to do so.

  • The only experience I've had playing survivor is that killers will just patrol gens plus hit and run, since you can't see them coming. Pretty boring.

    But I get why they do it, because as killer if you commit to a chase with anyone half decent, 3 gens will pop since gens take less time and there's no slowdown.

    I also really, really wish you could bring BP boosters into this mode. That alone would make me want to play it more. Like why can't they just allow only BP offerings and ban the rest? I seriously hope they do this for Chaos Shuffle.

  • How curious... I wonder why there is such a difference between me and you... legit I've not seen any point higher that 75%.

    Granted its still usually on survivor side... but I've only seen swings of 0-75% 😅

  • Let's call this event for what it is. Basically a sub killer dream. Somebody who's not very good can just go in as Michael or bubba or quite a few to be honest and look like they are great. If you are extremely good killer it's over too quick and you're not satisfied because it's too easy.

    If you are a survivor, you're only hope is to pair up in gen rush and try to get the Jen's done before somebody gets hooked too many times. My successful survivor games had us popping the Gen by the time I got all my first or second hook. Gen rushing however does not give you many points. So once again you're forced to not bust out the gens focus on Chase which usually ends badly or unhooking which doesn't get the gens done once again resulting in a subpar killer getting more points than you. I love the idea of this mode but the execution was just awful.

  • @doobiedo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3801894#Comment_3801894

    Do you really think the mode is easier as survivor? I don't think you are being sincere. And why would survivors ever be satisfied when the statistics show the game is killer sided. Yeah you can say all you want killer is supposed to be the power role, but as long as the results are so lopsided survivors will keep complaining and feel justified to do so.

    I genuinely do think it's easier as survivor, I tried killer a few times and gens just flew. Tried survivor and I did fine, escaped many times and got the tome done. And you the nail on the head there with the statistics and balance issues because that's my point. I find many survivors want to be on par with the killer or have the balance tipped in survivors favour which the Devs actively prevent from happening which is why they will never be satisfied.

  • Played 1 game as survivor …killer was legion …no thanks :)

  • i thought it was fun and scary but my friends didnt like it. :(

  • Cause its inconsistent and unfair + lots of people running tracking killers which takes even more fun out of the match. Or they're playing Dredge.

1 2 ›