Bloodweb rarity feels... off.

First of all, let it be said that Survivor bloodwebs are annoying. There's so much stuff, you could go 1-50 and not see a single yellow addon that you use.

So, that being said… Why do I have 239 Intense Halogens and 222 Long Life Batteries, but 108 Low Amp Filaments and 104 Heavy Duty Batteries?

Why do I have 270 Odd Stamps, but 101 Unusual Stamps?

I aim for all of those items specifically when I go through my webs. Currently prestige 42, and this is the result. (Minus some games where I've used them, but I use those together. for the map, and ACTUALLY I only use the green ones for the flashlight and that's how many I have AFTER that fact.)

I have 237 Gauze Rolls, and 366 Bandages. I use neither of these. The brown one is only about 50% higher in quantity than the green one! That means both of these ones are auto-filled, and this is the result.

It just seems off.

And Socket Swivels and Spools?!? I mean, we all know how good they are, but they're also so incredibly rare. I have 105 and 124 respectively, and I've only used a few of them ever on this character. (But I always go for them on the web.)

These rarities seem like they've been manually adjusted. Anyone else feel that way?

Comments

  • I will say also blood point offerings seem to be bit stingy. especially YELLOW cakes and bloody party streamers. The only time to get tons of them are during the anniversary event it seems. Also spending bloodpoints is so slow leveling just feels loke such a time waster. I truly wonder how many of my hours have been spent in the bloodweb.

  • There are certain pools within Bloodwebs.

    Perk pool, Item pool, Add-on pool and Offering pool.

    Since all Add-ons are thrown into the Add-on pool this happens:

    - There are way more yellow Add-ons in total than green ones, which means getting one specific yellow Add-on is quite unlikely because there is so many of them. Meanwhile there are way less green Add-ons in total which results in you getting specific green Add-ons much more frequently.

    The rarity makes sense since you'll have way more yellow Add-ons than greens.. in total.

    My idea would be to only allow Add-ons of their current existing Item within the Bloodweb. So for example, if you have a Flashlight and a Medkit for purchase, you'll only get Flashlight and MedKit Add-ons within that Bloodweb.. which would fix things a bit.

  • @BrightestMage said:

    I will say also blood point offerings seem to be bit stingy. especially YELLOW cakes and bloody party streamers. The only time to get tons of them are during the anniversary event it seems. Also spending bloodpoints is so slow leveling just feels loke such a time waster. I truly wonder how many of my hours have been spent in the bloodweb.

    That's another topic, but quite a topic indeed. I actually dread BP events… that just means I have to spend more time in the web.

    I like to take down stats when I play Killer games. If you play really well, find your chases fast, finish them fast… you can easily spend about 20-25% of the game simply picking people up and hooking them. That's INSANE.

    I feel like a similar statistic could be ran for time spend in bloodweb versus time spent in game.

    Or, similarly, time spent playing out a game to see how it swings, versus time spent waiting for a finished game to ACTUALLY finish. (5 gens remaining, but 3 Survivors all hiding for 25 minutes. Those kinds of games.)

    So much time spent in DBD is time spent not actually playing, it's ridiculous, and possibly even record-breaking among all other games.

  • Part of the problem here is that Maps and Keys are generally except for a couple niches, and the items pollute the item and addon pool with useless items.

  • @MrMori said:

    Part of the problem here is that Maps and Keys are generally except for a couple niches, and the items pollute the item and addon pool with useless items.

    Very true, although I do use maps :S

    Maybe they should just remove a lot of these yellow addons (or fuse them). They're the 2nd lowest rarity, yet they're the most rare in the game other than iri. (And for some items, I have more iri's than yellows.)

  • @ShadyC said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3796195#Comment_3796195

    Very true, although I do use maps :S

    Maybe they should just remove a lot of these yellow addons (or fuse them). They're the 2nd lowest rarity, yet they're the most rare in the game other than iri. (And for some items, I have more iri's than yellows.)

    I made a thread about that a long time ago lmao. Not exactly merging addons, but rather merging maps and keys into one item type, since they are both "aura reveal" kind of info items. Didn't get any traction, but I think it could revive the items somewhat.

    @MrMori said:

    Right now, Maps and Keys have fallen out of the meta completely. Especially after the hatch changes, Keys are extremely niche, and are pretty much exclusively run to track the killer with the Blood Amber addon, or perhaps if a player has an archive. Maps are also very rarely used, and are mainly used with Detective's Hunch, if at all.

    Not only are these items very niche in general, but they both suffer from the same flaw of being almost entirely useless if you do not bring addons with them. Add on top of this the fact that they are also expensive, as they all have "Rare" rarity or higher, and you can see why players don't want to bring these items.

    I've attempted to fix that.

    Here's a large picture which displays the new, reworked and merged keys and maps. I'll explain the reasoning behind my changes underneath the picture.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G9IRP4CTOCUC/maps-and-keys.png

    Explanation for the changes

    The first change you'll see is that there is now a brown and yellow version of the maps/keys, and the highest rarity you'll find are Very Rare, purple. This is because maps and keys are already a niche item. If they remain hard to obtain for newer players, and costly to use due to high rarity, this will make them too unattractive.

    I've also changed the maps to track 3 generators by default, instead of 1 random object. This makes them far more attractive to slap on as a cheap item instead of nothing, as you'll at least get some decent info on gen location for free, no matter what map you choose. Maps with Keys can also track players you've met already in the trial within 16m, keeping this functionality from Keys, and without spending a whole addon slot too. Note that the green addon for tracking players within 48m from the start is still there and works the same as before.

    Maps of Yellow rarity or higher have a key attached. This lets them open hatch just like before, turning them into a Brown Map if you do open hatch using the item. Obviously this is just a neat little detail, and we could make it so the maps just disappear if you unlock hatch using them. It could be changed so only green and purple maps have keys attached, if too many players start running maps to selfishly aim to get hatch.

    As for the addons, I chose to take the most interesting addons from both the item types. I've also condensed all the "Allows you to track X" addons into a single one, the Black Silk Cord.

    I personally think these changes would be really great for maps and keys, and would cause them to see far more use than they do now, with the added bonus of not clogging up the bloodweb with 18 different addons spread across 2 item types.

    What do you all think? Anything you'd change? Something you miss from the old items? Please let me know.

  • Please please PLEASE let us refund useless items. Like, trade in 5 browns and get 2500 BP back. ANYTHING