Why are black bars in gameplay, when switching on streched res.?

The devs or I saw a patchnote, when they say something about black bars… I don't know, but stretch res. can be more better without black bars.

Comments

  • @Artymex said:

    The devs or I saw a patchnote, when they say something about black bars… I don't know, but stretch res. can be more better without black bars.

    The whole idea was to "nerf" strech res as it would give unfair advantages on the game. Its been like this since March 2022.

    I don't think - and do not want to - it will change.

  • @Artymex said:

    The devs or I saw a patchnote, when they say something about black bars… I don't know, but stretch res. can be more better without black bars.

    That is intended so that you can't use it anymore to see over loops or a lot more in general (at least I think that's what it was used for? Never used it xD).

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/424806/why-are-black-bars-in-gameplay-when-switching-on-streched-res

    The whole idea was to "nerf" strech res as it would give unfair advantages on the game. Its been like this since March 2022.

    I don't think - and do not want to - it will change.

    Yeah, I agree at this point. But… this could be balanced by doing a similar thing for the survivors. Similar to before, players had access to something like the "jesus config". This could give the survivors more fov and more stuff and advantage.