Huntress feels too strong right now

I usually don't complain about killers but the huntress feels really awful to go against imo. Her hatchet wind up and the speed she moves at feels quite fast to me. Not sure what everyone else's opinions on her are ( Besides her planet size hatche hitboxes..) but just want to see if anyone else has had issue with her lately.

Comments

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785773#Comment_3785773

    A bit overturned but changes were still needed. Them being Huntress mains is irrelevant if you are implying bias, many people can set their bias aside. And honestly you should be going to a main of said character if you want to know how they feel and if any changes should happen.

    37 of 53 maps are awful for her. Even worse if you aren’t using Shiny Pin which is borderline a must run against good survivors. She has the most amount of maps that are bad for her on top of being 1 of 2 killers who have to go reload at a poorly placed locker.

    Look why people gave up on her, Scott Jund did, Sverkeran did and they were some of the best. And it’s because her kit and poorly designed maps. 7 hatchets is beyond fine as it helps new people more when it comes to learning her. Hatchets are not hard to dodge. Watch Coco and spooky play matches they miss a decent amount and Otzdarava misses even more than them.

    I’m digressing at this point but my point still stands, the buffs were absolutely needed and anybody who plays her a lot realized this. Maybe those CCs felt it was overturned but they never said they were unneeded. The buff she needed the most didn’t even make it through.

    The real problem is that against people who are bad at the game she is S Tier but against people who are good she is B Tier. Ohtofu said that best in his most recent tier list video and it’s undeniable how accurate he is about that.

    If she still had 5 hatchets only, I'd be finished. But because she has 7 and a few other little changes, I started playing around with her since I'm on console which is notoriously bad for killers who require good precision. I've managed to get draws or better because of it. When you're going against a PC Huntress who has constant aura reading on you, then it's a little different. But that's about as strong as she gets, and that's still not even enough since she sees almost no play in tournament. That's usually a good point I bring up. They say this killer is OP, but who's the go-to in tournaments? Nobody but Nurse, Spirit, and Blight, and only because they're on PC and can break turn limits.

  • @LadyOwO said:

    I usually don't complain about killers but the huntress feels really awful to go against imo. Her hatchet wind up and the speed she moves at feels quite fast to me. Not sure what everyone else's opinions on her are ( Besides her planet size hatche hitboxes..) but just want to see if anyone else has had issue with her lately.

    That's such an exaggeration on her hitboxes. If they're really that big, they should be hitting walls and obstacles constantly before they get to you.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785780#Comment_3785780

    If she still had 5 hatchets only, I'd be finished. But because she has 7 and a few other little changes, I started playing around with her since I'm on console which is notoriously bad for killers who require good precision. I've managed to get draws or better because of it. When you're going against a PC Huntress who has constant aura reading on you, then it's a little different. But that's about as strong as she gets, and that's still not even enough since she sees almost no play in tournament. That's usually a good point I bring up. They say this killer is OP, but who's the go-to in tournaments? Nobody but Nurse, Spirit, and Blight, and only because they're on PC and can break turn limits.

    Im glad that the changes have helped some console players at least. Thats who I believe they made the changes for. But for some reason people don’t want changes to happen to a killer because the Top 1% of that killers players are very oppressive because how good they can be.

    I run full aura on my Huntress on PC and am very good but even then 60% of my games make it to end game or 1 Gen left. Even when I’m landing orbitals and crossmaps and firing on all cylinders.

    People always discount comp play and say it’s entirely different even though it’s not at all in most regards. So that’s why I usually don’t bring it up.

    I would love for them to make her movement speed 85% when holding a hatchet and see where her kill rate goes. And then see where her kill rate would be if she was 115%. I don’t think any killer should be 110% unless they have a movement speed ability honestly.

  • @LadyOwO said:

    Do you play survivor at all? I highly doubt you'd understand how absurd it feels to play against her. I can guarantee you that she's not balanced at all right now.

    Huntress is actually one of my favorite killers to verse, because you can do so many things against her, loke dodging left to right, fake vaults and running her around trash loops for half the game, if she doesn't want to commit to a M1 attack. Of course she is strong, she is the original ranged killer when the simple concept was "its just like hitting them, but at a distance. But she is slow while doing it." and her concept has stood the test of time remarkably. But I myself? I play so bad as her.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/424543/huntress-feels-too-strong-right-now

    That's such an exaggeration on her hitboxes. If they're really that big, they should be hitting walls and obstacles constantly before they get to you.

    Thats a petpieve of myself, too. I understand that exaggeration can be a tool to highlight problems or to put an emphasis on something, but most of the time used grossly out of proportion, and thus robs any argument that you might wanna buff of ANY validity.

    If those hatchets hitboxes weren't planet-sized but pallet-size, that would still be an exaggeration, but it would at least be somewhat proportional and also use an in-game reference.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785816#Comment_3785816

    Im glad that the changes have helped some console players at least. Thats who I believe they made the changes for. But for some reason people don’t want changes to happen to a killer because the Top 1% of that killers players are very oppressive because how good they can be.

    I run full aura on my Huntress on PC and am very good but even then 60% of my games make it to end game or 1 Gen left. Even when I’m landing orbitals and crossmaps and firing on all cylinders.

    People always discount comp play and say it’s entirely different even though it’s not at all in most regards. So that’s why I usually don’t bring it up.

    I would love for them to make her movement speed 85% when holding a hatchet and see where her kill rate goes. And then see where her kill rate would be if she was 115%. I don’t think any killer should be 110% unless they have a movement speed ability honestly.

    I'd really just like to standardize killer movement speed. Everyone moves 115%. And to me, that's fighting for scraps, because of how weak 115% killers are at most tiles when ran properly. Killer shack and jungle gyms are the most obvious, with survivors just waiting for you to make the first move so they can react, and waste an arbitrary 35+ seconds which might not even lead to the pallet being dropped. And this has gone on for years in the game, and will not change with just a tweak here or there to killers or their perks. My current build with Superior Anatomy, Rapid Brutality, and Unbound, still sometimes fails to catch survivors before the next go-around to the window/pallet, even while using short-ranged killers like Nemesis and Xenomorph to reach a little bit further.

    Therefore, I've even started arguing that it's time for killers to be 120% base, to give them agency in chase instead of the survivors always having it. Remove Haste perks, adjust killers accordingly, do whatever, but that change could make all the difference in the world. Survivors can still, rush gens, run loops, super quick heals, base BT and anti-camp, but you know what? You'll actually feel like your choices as killer matter, and can counter those things.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785828#Comment_3785828

    I'd really just like to standardize killer movement speed. Everyone moves 115%. And to me, that's fighting for scraps, because of how weak 115% killers are at most tiles when ran properly. Killer shack and jungle gyms are the most obvious, with survivors just waiting for you to make the first move so they can react, and waste an arbitrary 35+ seconds which might not even lead to the pallet being dropped. And this has gone on for years in the game, and will not change with just a tweak here or there to killers or their perks. My current build with Superior Anatomy, Rapid Brutality, and Unbound, still sometimes fails to catch survivors before the next go-around to the window/pallet, even while using short-ranged killers like Nemesis and Xenomorph to reach a little bit further.

    Therefore, I've even started arguing that it's time for killers to be 120% base, to give them agency in chase instead of the survivors always having it. Remove Haste perks, adjust killers accordingly, do whatever, but that change could make all the difference in the world. Survivors can still, rush gens, run loops, super quick heals, base BT and anti-camp, but you know what? You'll actually feel like your choices as killer matter, and can counter those things.

    I agree 100% tbh. 120% makes sense and then they could watch the kill rates to see how it ends up and make changes if it gets too out of hand.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785828#Comment_3785828

    I'd really just like to standardize killer movement speed. Everyone moves 115%. And to me, that's fighting for scraps, because of how weak 115% killers are at most tiles when ran properly. Killer shack and jungle gyms are the most obvious, with survivors just waiting for you to make the first move so they can react, and waste an arbitrary 35+ seconds which might not even lead to the pallet being dropped. And this has gone on for years in the game, and will not change with just a tweak here or there to killers or their perks. My current build with Superior Anatomy, Rapid Brutality, and Unbound, still sometimes fails to catch survivors before the next go-around to the window/pallet, even while using short-ranged killers like Nemesis and Xenomorph to reach a little bit further.

    Therefore, I've even started arguing that it's time for killers to be 120% base, to give them agency in chase instead of the survivors always having it. Remove Haste perks, adjust killers accordingly, do whatever, but that change could make all the difference in the world. Survivors can still, rush gens, run loops, super quick heals, base BT and anti-camp, but you know what? You'll actually feel like your choices as killer matter, and can counter those things.

    I believe whole point of chase perks is to change agency between survivor controlling chase and killer controlling the chase. the problem is that all chase perk are downright terrible in achieving that goal. The closest ones that do anything in achieving that goal are Brutal strength, Bamboozle, Coup the grace ,STBFL+Rapid brutality although i would argue that STBFL+Rapid is more like snowball perk(i.e increases killer lethality, like instant down perks over improving chase). The haste perks do both. snowball and chase agency.

    M1 killer already move at 120% m/s. all of them hit bloodlust 1 every single game nearly. It makes you wonder why all those killer are not just permanent bloodlust 1. It doesn't have to be full m/s, it could be like 118% m/s but anyway. Leave that to BVHR balance team to figure it out.

  • This has all been a fascinating read... and I see the arguments of both sides...

    If 5 leaves her too relaint on locker spawns, and 7 is too forgiving for spamming hatchets... what about 6 hatchets? 🫣

  • No idea why they decided to buff her and increase her hatchet count, but then not decrease the size of her hatchet hitboxes.

  • Add a crosshair option already. Then you can take away 1 hatchet or something. She probably got buffed because her killrate is low, but they could have just added a crosshair to the game settings instead. PC players can already get one and were even encouraged to do in an official AMA, why don't console players get a crosshair option ingame when they need it the most? Seems backwards.

1 2 ›