The issue with [new] event cosmetics now
This is more of a person gripe of mine ever since the Hallowed Blight event. As someone who adores limited time items in games that were only available during a short period of time I find myself disappointing during the Hallowed Blight event AND this up coming event in 12 days for the Lunar event.
The concept of getting items during specific events that are no longer available gives them a more... unique stature like with the legacy skins for example, or the Howling grounds event cosmetics. It gives them a special unique feel to them that these new events are not bringing to the table anymore.
Allow me to clarify, in this up coming event there are new cosmetics being introduced for these respective events. But they will stay on the store during the end of these events to be purchased anytime anyone wants, and in my opinion this shouldn't be the case because what was the point of creating them in the first place? Are these skins not supposed to be special rewards for those who showed up during the event? Why should people who actually were there suffer for this by just getting them in the event and any they missed can be bought later on... It completely ruins the point of what made them so rare in the first place.
Like what if all of a sudden Legacy skins were on the store to be buy able? That'd ruin the point of what makes them so special... Doing the same thing to these skins (Even though they're not as sought after as Legacy skins) feels in some regard the same thing. I feel the whole issue with Legacy skins in-general made the Devs never want to hear this amount of complaining for a specific cosmetic ever again, so they pandered to the newer players...
[TL;DR]: This is basically me complaining about how new event cosmetics are not staying limited edition for when those events were out, this has happened since Hallowed Blight and it ruins what makes these newer cosmetics special.********

Comments
I don't see the problem with it.
Whoever had made these skins put forth a lot of effort, and it does no harm to allow them to be purchased afterwards. I agree that it makes it feel less "special" (lol) but what difference does it make? You ain't gonna die with your skins in your coffin bro, get over it?
I'm glad they decided to allow people who missed the opportunity to retrieve these beautiful cosmetics via a more unconventional way. It does not do harm, and makes more people happy, ontop of extra revenue that'll support the game.
Pros outweigh the cons. Facts.
You right, it is just a game after all. I just like rare things you know?
I know the feeling. It makes it feel like the product you earned can just be cheaped out by dropping a few bucks. It'd be nice if they specifically made a singular outfit only to be obtainable via the event, with some being able to be purchased.
It's something I'm on the fence about myself... Between you and I, I agree with you on a personal level, but looking from an average person's and a professional one, it only makes sense for people to be able to obtain these high quality products one way or another when this is a paid game. If this was a free game like Smite, it'd totally be understandable.
At least I still have the event offerings that rot in the background of my killer/survivors offering tables lmao.
During the event they are considered free to get if you play during it.
This, plus you get to enjoy the event.
I could care less considering BHVR never bothered to restore my Legacy Skins I worked for.