Just tell me why... Please.
Why does the report player button do NOTHING? This game is so toxic and it's absolutely encouraged when you have an option to report a player and it does nothing. I literally just had a 3 minute match because all the killer did was camp just outside the range of the hook timer and as soon as I'm pulled off I get immediately downed again. How is that supposed to make this game fun when I don't even have time to enjoy it? This issue is never addressed but whatever. The only way to get rid of this toxic element is to make a mechanic that doesn't allow back to back hooks. This way it forces the killer to go after someone other than the person who was just pulled from hook. I know this will never happen because it makes too much sense. Whatever.
Comments
The report option is unlikely to work in that situation because it's not a reportable offence
That's not an bannable offence so they won't do anything in that situation. The only real things you can report are taking the game hostage (slugging and bleeding out doesn't count because it has a timer), cheats and insults (tbagging doesn't count as well as hitting on the hook, humping not sure about that one). Everything else you can do is completely fine, you can slug, camp and tunnel as much as you want as well as genrush, flashlight, flashbang and stun the killer.
Reporting DOES actually do something.
First off, you need to realize that processing reports are partly automated and partly manually reviewed; as a result, once false reports get filtered, a person has to take the time to manually review, and with the amount of reports being filed, the process takes awhile.
For certain ban types, it would be easy to find the reason why they are getting banned and find a work around. Ban waves are naturally harder for them to react to, since it happens all at once instead of instantly banning them for a given reason, making it harder to determine the ban reason.
Keep in mind a lot of the information I am providing is from other game development studios and is seen as industry standards, it's nothing new and it has been working for decades, BHVR most likely follows the same or a similar model for their game(s).
EDIT: I probably should have read more than the title since the "report reason" provided is not a bannable offense. So yea, reporting will do nothing if you file a report for something that is not reportable.