Dedicated Server is not responding, disconnecting

2024-07-27 13-31-48.zip

I play on PC-Steam and I encountered this issue yesterday. After trying out 2v8, I decided to play some normal matches. I logged into a game and started playing but after less than a minute, the game ended and I got the message "Dedicated Server is not responding, disconnecting…". I tried to log into another match, same thing happened. From yesterday till now I've been logging in matches, only to get the same message and disconnect. But a couple of hours before the first time this happened, I had played a couple of normal matches just fine. And even now, I seem to play normally in 2v8 but when I try to log into regular dbd, I have this happen every time. I tried everything, verifying my files, checking internet connection, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and nothing has helped. I decided to record my latest efforts to show it. If it's a server problem indeed, I am located in Greece, surely the server there must have some issues.

https://mega.nz/file/hvBn2KID#JIpoFQ1cqdfoy9Kth9GYUDWWbVTfmXIp3hQnnaWb7kA

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Big thread on that already:

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww

    Nothing you can do really than to wait for a fix. There might be a server outage in your region.

  • I've had this issue since The Unknown chapter release. Ever since then, randomly I will get "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting…" and it continues randomly. There is nothing you can do about it. It's been brought up to them consistantly and I have given them evidence of the issue and how it's not on my end or my internet. People have been complaining about this for a long time and they fail to recognize it and continue to blame the players and their connection rather than themselves and fixing it.

    I have a buddy who moved from Xbox a few days ago to PC and now all of a sudden he's getting it as well but doesn't get it on his Xbox. The servers need to be fixed. I've received a 72 hour ban over time because of it and you have to wait 24 hours of no ban for it to go down 1 tier of ban (5 min ban first time and 15 min ban second time with 30 mins being the 3rd time. You have to wait 24 hours for it to go from a 30 min ban to 15 min ban and so on.)

    Anyways, I hope they fix this soon. I have played the game ever since it came out and now having issues like this is just frustrating. I can't even play the game properly.