Cross Progression - 'A game account with identical information already exists'
I play dbd on PS5 which is linked to its own BHVR account. I used to play dbd on steam which is linked to its own BHVR account which is different to the BHVR account my PS5 is linked to. So I have two separate BHVR accounts. I wanted to merge these 2 accounts for cross progression so I could use my steam content on my PS5. I tried linking my steam account to my BHVR account with my PS5 already linked but it said 'A game account with identical information already exists'. Someone in a comments section told me to activate cross progression separately on each account and then try merging them from there, however this did not work. I have a bad feeling I've now permanently stopped myself from being able to merge the accounts. Please can someone help me
Comments
my understanding of your situation (and I might be wrong) is that you will need to unlink one (this may take 60 days) and then link it to the one you want to
You need to contact support:
Submit a request – BHVR Account
@jpmacl please do raise a ticket as suggested by @TragicSolitude - at best, you can find a solution quicker than the 60 days I interpreted and at worst, it may take 60 days but at least you’ll know what to do for certain.
I’ve submitted a ticket, thanks for the help!!
i need help with this exact same issue