Hag is purely a noob stomper
Ohtofu described it best in his video. The issue with Hag is that she is heavily dependant on survivors making mistakes and not knowing her counter play to win. She stomps survivors that make the mistake of running into her web of traps. The counter play to Hag is extremely simple. After triggering a trap and getting hit, run in the same direction you came from, which was already confirmed to have no traps. Hag stomps low mmr because survivors make the mistake of continuing to run forward, which leads into the web of traps. The only reason why Hag has a chance at high MMR is because her pick rate is extremely low, so people don't play against her enough to know her counter play. However, if 3-4 of the survivors know the counter play, there is literally nothing Hag can do. To fix this, Hag either needs far more traps to more effectively create a web of traps or a decent chase power.
Comments
I agree...
Though tbh, the only way I can think to address this problem (and the general dislike of her) would be to change up her identity and make her the true setup killer. When I played her it was fun creating may web and locking down escape routes. When you got your web up and then got it to come off, it was great fun, but the run in and back playstyle makes it far too easy to disrupt her web/mess with the Hag and avoid the wipe away mechanic entirely.
I would really focus on making her gameplay all about maintaining her web of traps and have it so the ability to trigger a trap is entirely in the Hags hands, and focus the counterplay entirely on the wipe away mechanic.
If it were me I would make the following changes: -
This makes the trap somethimg you can't just 180 turn react to. That's a strong buff though, and for that to work, you'd need to do something about her being able to flood traps around a hook. Probably increase the minimum distance between traps.
For add-ons you can then have her old phantasms back in line with add-ons, but unless stated otherwise after 6 seconds instead of beimg disabled, the trap simply resets.
I wpuld also add a new sound cue for when a trap is wiped away, so she knows her web got attacked.
This would then mean Hag has a little more subterfuge available to her, and maintaining/utilising her web is far more on her terms than the survivors.
Does shake up her pkaystyle a lot though, so I'd be curious what any local Hag mains think.