Devs won't acknowledge the "Dedicated servers not responding, disconnecting" issue

What's up with the developers not acknowledging this issue? Has been posted multiple times already, so many people have encountered this, yet no word from any dev or support member.

It's not like this is some minor bug, it's literally losing all progress from the match, getting no BP, bo rewards. When will this server related issue be addressed?

@BeastPlayz07 said:

Hi, I just had an issue with the dedicated server not responding. This issue caused me to lose all the game progress. I got 4 kills as plague and I got nothing from playing the match due to this error!

@EasternSpock said:

I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww

Comments

  • Oh, good, it's not just me. I've been booted from a few matches this week, and my internet (or Steam) was up for all of them.

    It might be a traffic-based issue, given the event.

  • This really needs to be a higher priority. The game is nearly unplayable at the moment. A good day is one where I only get booted out of every fourth game.

  • Exactly. I don't know why the devs straight up ignore this issue.

  • No word from the devs yet?