UX - Lobby Update in the 8.1.0 PTB
Please do not add the new character selection UI.
Although I really like the improoved scrolling sensitivity I personally don't like this new design. Unnecessary "Owned" text over the pictures and a clunky exclamationpoint makes the menu cluttered. Aditionally the new tabs and search bar waste a lot of space, combined with removing a row of characters makes the area to view characters way too small. Also taking away the cosmetics button and hiding it in a tab is unnecessary aswell, as it creates space which isn't utilized. I'd be more than happy to keep the 'old' UI but change the scrolling to what it is in the PTB.
A great quality of life change would be if the play-dropdown menu would remain open after backing out of, for example, the survivor menu to make switching to killer quicker. I bothered me since you changed the main menu UI.
The PTB also features a lot of good changes, I mostly agree with, although I wonder why you would change the hook respawning after a survivor dies on it. Could be a good change for all I know.
Rest of the update look very promising and I am exited for the release to live servers!
Comments
Agreed, the new UI is terrible. It's obviously trying to resemble the store and yet is worse, and literally nobody asked for it.