Alien is such an annoying killer
He’s not as bad as doctor but he’s truly annoying. They both are over complicated and boring. Tunnels, silent mode, the whip of his tail, and having to use the flame throwers to slight counter him is just lame. You may disagree but outside of being cool and iconic, I really hate this killers existence in this game.
Comments
Not sure what you mean by "overcomplicated" but I understand that some people wish he had a different power, personally I'm cool with his anti-loop as it provides for good counterplay during chases, especially when turrets are setup around the map.
I actually find Xeno quite easy to go against. As long as you setup turrets in good locations and not just right in front of tunnels and run in advance when they start beeping rapidly they trivialize her quite a bit.
by over complicated I mean that killers shouldn’t need so many different tools to use. Make one strong and leave it to that. I don’t like when killers need multiple things to be decent. I didn’t that he wasn’t easy to go against. I’m saying he is annoying.
It's a killer where survivors have complete control over the killer having its primary power or not. It's not a hard killer to go against. Not to mention, the turrets give its position away EVEN if undetectable. The one thing it has going for it is anti-loop. Pre-drop pallets and you're good to go.
To each their own i guess. By far my favorite killer in the game alongside pyramid head.
Lucky you, it's pretty rare to face one, not a lot of people care about it and the others simply hate it and wish it could be removed from the game (ironic since it was one of the 3 most demanded IP since the creation of the game).
Im trully convinced an IP has no meaning in this game. Vecna is way more popular that IPs like Silent Hill or Alien because their gameplay is "lacking". Either people expectation were way too high or it is simply a matter of fun/not fun. Maybe both. To be clear, i have nothing against Vecna, but a killer so unexpected is way more loved than Alien...
Anyway, Alien, one of the biggest horror IP ever, a true icon like never seen before, is one of the least popular and most hated killer in the game. I guess it was to be expected, but still, kinda sad.
As for my take on the matter:
This killer follow the pattern of Alien: Isolation
Not saying the killer is perfect, but it's design is really great for what dbd can offer.
It is a very lethal killer where you have to setup. You can, in fact, loop it without turrets but it is difficult and RNG based. I understand this design is maybe not what you all wanted or you realise only now that it's maybe not the best thing ever. But it is unique, in fact, no other killers in the game require you to setup and plan this much ahead. And by hearing all of you and seeing my games. People still don't know how to play around this killer.
Rant's over, lovely day to all.
Killers who weak in chase but have build-in slowdown are great design for me. Alien is one of them with Pig, Pinhead, Unknown.
again, I keep seeing people who are mistaken me for saying he’s hard to play against… when what I actually said is he’s just annoying to me.
Unknown can be really good at chase, same as pinhead, as well as alien. The only one you mentioned who is a joke at chase is pig, the other are actually quite good with the weakest chase being pinhead and he still can acchieve very short chase times.