Is there no MMR in the event?

Title says it all.

For context, I have about 3.5k hrs in this game and all achievements, so I obviously know a thing or 2.

As Survivor:
I only play Solo Q. Almost like 85% of my survivor games, someone's down in the first 30-45 secs of the match starting. Then either they kill themselves on hook, or It's just a chain reaction of everyone going down and getting hooked OR BOTH smh.

As Killer:
It's almost no different. I play Xenomorph and at least 70% of my games have been a stomp, where I'm killing everyone at 4-5 gens. I've only lost maybe like 2 games out of like 60 or something close to that number. The rest were mostly stomps and some ties.

What's the deal with this game, or playerbase these days? Does everyone suck now or are killers just too strong/annoying?

Comments

  • I'm not sure if mmr is on for the event playlist or not. I've had people who seem newish and people who are definitely not new.

  • @Eleghost said:

    I'm not sure if mmr is on for the event playlist or not. I've had people who seem newish and people who are definitely not new.

    Yeah I agree, I've seen some VERY questionable plays form these survivors that really do seem new. Can't really tell cuz Globes, and private/hidden hours on Steam smh. It's made me play strictly killer cuz survivor is just a ######### nightmare. At least on Killer, every game is a guaranteed 150k+ BP

  • BHVR posted about this for new gamemodes. It's not that MMR doesnt exist, playing an alternative gamemode prevents you from gaining and losing MMR, you will always be matchmaked into the set MMR range for your Survivor/Killer.

    To keep queue times low, the game does widen the MMR matchmaking range to allow for faster matches over quality matches, this applies for all matchmaking.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    BHVR posted about this for new gamemodes. It's not that MMR doesnt exist, playing an alternative gamemode prevents you from gaining and losing MMR, you will always be matchmaked into the set MMR range for your Survivor/Killer.

    To keep queue times low, the game does widen the MMR matchmaking range to allow for faster matches over quality matches, this applies for all matchmaking.

    I see, maybe that would explain why I seen the same survivor in my game 3 times. Regardless, killer is much more easy going than survivor matches during this event.