Some Of The Twisted M. Modifiers Are Underwhelming

First off, Id like to start by saying that I do love the new gamemode, it is definitely a lot of fun, I just wish there were more Tryks that felt more impactful to gameplay to bring just a bit more chaos into the mix.

Modifiers that I think are fun and should stay:

  • 30% Haste for all players; this modifier is a lot of fun and just makes things a bit more chaotic. It helps weaker Killers by giving them more map mobility and can help with unhook situations since teammates from across the map move far faster. To say that I LOVE this modifier would be an understatement, this is the best of the bunch.
  • All Survivors gain a Health State but become Exposed; a very risk/reward focused modifier. I think the design for this one is really good since Survivors who are Injured still are one-shot, and Survivors that are Healthy gain no benefits from it, but it can turn the entire game around for Survivors in the Dying State. Well balanced and fun since it helps both sides even out pressure if they are being demolished by the other team.
  • Killer gains Undetectable, Survivors leave no Scratch Marks; a fun modifier that buffs both sides for stealth, you can do a lot with this one, and it provides weaker Killers a bit more pressure in the early game by making them not as easy to follow.

Modifiers that are not as good:

  • Aura Reading for all players; this modifier should persist longer to really do anything, it just feels too short.
  • Party Totems; basically free slowdown for the Killer and if you are using a Hex perk, it tells the Survivors what totems to not check since Party Totems will always form on Dull Totems and not Hex Totems. The Bloodpoints is nice but I wish it had more interesting parts to it.
  • Nothing; does nothing. Very boring.
  • Lose/Gain Invitation; good for those who dont have an invitation, but just very boring and I wish it did something like "Invitation powers have no cooldown" or something to make things more chaotic and interesting.

As I mentioned before, this event is really fun, definitely my favorite so far, but I do think the less fun modifiers could be improved to add more to the gameplay.

Happy Anniversary everyone! <3

Comments

  • The one benefit of the plus 1 invitation is that if it's the first modifier you don't need to find one to start using the powers.

  • @Crowman said:

    The one benefit of the plus 1 invitation is that if it's the first modifier you don't need to find one to start using the powers.

    That is nice, and has happened to me before, but it isnt that huge of a deal since in most of my matches I spawn really close to an invitation anyways.

    My main gripe is that it does not seem to do much outside of that, and it would be nice to see it gain an additional effect that affects gameplay more.