Change Aestri's character model skeleton to female while keeping Baermar's male

This post echoes the sentiments from this thread:

@Visi said:

I just realized that this is what I found so off-putting about her model in-game. You can easily see this when cycling between her and the other survivors. In DnD elves are already a bit shorter than humans and are supposed to be more slender, but she has all of the same proportions as a human male in the game. A similar thing is done with Legion, though that's less of an issue since there is such a wide variety of height between all of the killers and they disguise it better with their different stances. I still think it's less than ideal for Legion, but it doesn't stick out to me nearly as bad as it does when this is used for Aestri. I love fantasy, and I love elves, so this is pretty disheartening. I assume that it won't be changed at this point, but I had to share my frustration.

Following D&D lore, elves are smaller than their human counterparts. On top of this, the current model is extremely clunky to look at and looks weird in game.

It is known that the capability exists to swap skeletons for the same "character" (Alan Wake and Saga Anderson). This choice hopefully shouldn't be related to having to create multiple of the same cosmetic for different character skeletons, since depending on the terms of the license with Wizards of the Coast, any cosmetics will have to be approved for these characters and will have to be purchased with real currency anyway. So either way, money will be made.

Please change Aestri's character model skeleton to female while keeping Baermar's male.

Comments

  • People back in the day: Why are all of the female survivors so tiny and slim? We need some variety!

    People today: The Elf is too tall! Make her smaller!

    Make up your mind.

  • I agree and noticed quite easily when you get in a lobby with all females, she is huge compared to them, when shes in a lobby full of guys, shes actualy still bulkier than them. When i heard they might put in an elf my thoughts went immediately to something like shadowheart from baldurs gate 3. And what we got was a very awkward mix n match character where you cant tell if they made the guy first then tried to add her in or what lol. It would be nice if they could adjust it. She also still has huge teeth when on the hook like she did during the ptb when playing the lute (which theyve changed)

  • What's wrong with tall girls? You guys no like Muscle Mommys? I think she looks pretty cool myself, it's nice to see a non-twiggy female survivor.

    Also, in the name of diversity and inclusion, if we're really thinking about it, I can see the trans community taking a shining to her. She has a body that is still obviously female, but is also has a physique a little closer to that of the average trans woman. She certainly has a FAR stronger argument to being identified with as a representation of the trans community than the Unknown was (I still see that comparison as ludicrously weak), but we all saw how that somehow became a thing.

    That said, there is the undeniable fact that according to D&D lore, elves are smaller than humans… this might have worked a little better with a female half-orc or something….