Disable Sloppy Butcher for Wraith

Until you guys fix this bug with Sloppy Butcher PLEASE just disable it for the Wraith. Every single Wraith I have played against in the last 2 days on Xbox has used it and I'm 90% positive they are doing it on purpose. They don't even need to use the add-on, just Sloppy Butcher. My game has already crashed twice from it. And yes the killer can see the blood spurts, I've been outed by it.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • It makes the game crash? I’ve been on Xbox and played against people with sloppy (including a wraith!) and i have had no issues.
  • Only a truly biased killer main would write a combined total of about 30 paragraphs across 10 different comments justifying keeping a game breaking bug in the game. (So long as that bug favored the killer)
  • Wraith’s new buff is instantly killing people’s games, rather than the player themself. Pretty good buff, might need nerfed though, seems a tad bit OP :sweat:
  • @Watery said:
    It makes the game crash? I’ve been on Xbox and played against people with sloppy (including a wraith!) and i have had no issues.

    Yes. It's happened to me twice and some of my friends. It doesn't crash immediately the frame rate drops over time and once it drops below a certain point your game can crash.

    @brokedownpalace said:
    Only a truly biased killer main would write a combined total of about 30 paragraphs across 10 different comments justifying keeping a game breaking bug in the game. (So long as that bug favored the killer)

    IKR! It's like "hey this bug crashes your game but since I'm a player and not a dev I can do what I want and I'm not liable for it at all! Nope I'm not a jerk for literally breaking your game and basically cheating by making it impossible for you to play and then forcing your game to freeze. The game counts it as a DC which is a kill for me so it must be good!"

  • Every single Wraith on PC was doing this the entire December, and first week of January. Today not quite as much anymore because the add-on is not as easy to come across. But it's still very common and it's very annoying, and yes it does help the killer find you. Some killers can definitely see it.

    And need I remind you that the devs disabled Ormond specifically because they were trying to avoid game crashing bugs until they could fix it. I don't see why Sloppy Butcher bug shouldn't be temporarily disabled as well until they fix it.

  • @Ryuhi said:
    Again, you're ignoring the fact that multiple other bugs on a similar level exist simply because this is the one that affects YOU on occasion. Thats doesn't make the issue any more pressing than one that causes other people to CTD very frequently, major gameplay elements simply not working correctly, the one where killer queues would fail to properly load the matchmaking algorithm and sit in limbo for 30+ minutes, etc.

    You saying you Survivor Main and play Survivor 80% of the time, but arguing that he should shut up about the bug fix and disabling because it affects HIM sounds hypocritical when you're sporting a Wraith Avatar. You probably love playing Wraith and want Sloppy Butcher on all the time when you do killer, which is incentive for you to argue against the disabling.

    Sorry, to me it just looks like you have an ulterior motive to want to see a game-crashing bug stay without a temporary bandaid disable so that people don't run into this really bad bug. I'd say look at the bigger picture, more people will benefit from SLoppy Butcher (or its add-on if that's the problem) being disabled temporarily than those inconvenienced by it being taken off. Just by pure logic one wraith player feels miffed to lose one perk or add-on, but four survivors are affected for every wraith player affected.

    From a utilitarian point of view it makes more sense to disable it for now, until the devs get off their butts to fix it (which boggles me why its taking forever to do when they have already isolated). And yes before you say anything I am also familiar with software development and do it freelance every now and then for extra money.

    Its clear that it's a low priority for them, which is annoying because we saw them quickly react to Ormond (even if they messed up on fixing it).

  • So because my avatar has been the wraith since I joined the forum, I must be trying to advocate him keeping an exploit. If there was a way to even see match history, you'd see that I haven't even used him for weeks, especially since I avoid using this exact perk knowing what happens. But hey, I'm sure thats why.

    As for why its likely taking so long, I already said multiple times: There are references in code that can cause things to not simply be disabled, especially when they have been present for long periods of time (i.e not freshly added.) The bug started with an entire engine update, so for all you know it can literally take more work to disable it without causing more issues than it does to actually fix it. There are other big glitches like the infinite loading screen that are also making matches unplayable and causing crashes. settle. down.

    For the record in regards to Ormond, it was a brand new map, so the amount of necessary reference code that would need to be commented out was relatively small and very easily accessible.

  • @brokedownpalace said:
    Only a truly biased killer main would write a combined total of about 30 paragraphs across 10 different comments justifying keeping a game breaking bug in the game. (So long as that bug favored the killer)

    This is going to sound really harsh, but do you guys not know how to read? Or do you just see a few words and then decide the rest of the sentence in your heads?

1 2 ›