How fun and fair is to play soloQ with ~39% escape rate?

Killers are the power role here and that's how it should be, its 4vs1 game. However, how the hell is soloQ fine being the most underwhelming, underpowered, weak, no coms role to play?

SWF groups have slighty higher escape rate, with over 40% yet soloQ can't even have that. This role needs some serious buffs to make it closer to SWF escape rates.

Comments

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3728972#Comment_3728972

    But it does explain it, because SWF are likely not insta killing themselves on hook.

    I want you to really stop and think about the data that is presented. Yeah, DCs are excluded sure, but obviously insta hook suicides are included.

    Really REALLY think about it. The data is SO infested with insta hook suicides, that Skull merchant has a 70 PERCENT kill rate. This says that if someone queues up as skull merchant there is probably a >50% chance that people just immediately give up. I can certainly say that is the case in MY experience when playing skull merchant. I can queue up for 10 games as skull merchant, and i'll probably actually get to play maybe 3 of them if i'm lucky. That is how prevalent it is. And if you look around these forums it has only INCREASED since they removed depipping. After all, if i think we are going to lose the match, why not just get myself into the next game as fast as possible? There is literally no penalty for doing so.

    I would like to see them release that data, for games where no survivor attempts to do a 4%. I would bet that the escape rate is MUCH higher in those games.

    I don't understand why you are arguing with me than?

    My original point was, that the difference between SWF and solo is not that big except for high MMR 4mans. I missunderstood some of your other comments before so just in case: You think that the (small) difference in survival rates between solo and SWF is only due to hook suicides? So you don't think there is any advantage in communication etc?

    In my comment to the other person I already said that I think bad matchmaking and dcs/suicides are the biggest problem of solo matches, so I'm not disagreeing.

    As for the implications for the kill rate, as long as they don't fix the dc/suicide issue it does not matter, because you can not buff around the killrate without dcs/suicides as long as they are still so prevalent in the game.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    The killer is supposed to be the power role. Escaping is supposed to be difficult. Any expectation of higher than 40% escape rate is just entitlement, IMHO. There’s a very good reason that the devs set 40% as the target escape rate. Anything above that and killers become punching bags for survivor entertainment, which is what they are against high MMR SWF coordinating on comms.

    I completely agree. The target escape rate is 40%. Swfs at high mmr have on average almost 50%. That’s a 25% increase; a MASSIVE over performance of the intended escape rate. And that’s just the average escape rate for swfs at high mmr. There’s a chance that the escape rate at the highest mmr is probably even more Survivor sided smh. The entitlement hypocrisy is nauseating.

1 2 3 ›