In Game Voice Comm Idea

All players will be able to hear each other in game within a certain radius. The distance at which a player can be heard could be the same distance at which you can hear a gen (Maybe a little smaller/bigger).

If there was in game voice comms it would add a whole new style of play. Players will be forced to stay quite when they now the killer is near or else they will risk being discovered, and the killer will need to be quit to sneak up on their prey. This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?). This could also add more fun to the game,

EX: When survivors gather in a circle around the basement hooks, as the killer gets closer to the shack they can hear chanting getting louder. When the killer goes down into the basement they would see 4 Dwights crouching around the hooks chanting.

Imagine how fun that would be.

There would also be a lot, and I mean a LOT of toxicity, but this is why there would be an option to mute certain players. You could also mute yourself (Duh)

Note: It wouldn't be necessary to play with a mic.

Comments

  • Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?
  • @TAG said:
    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

  • Oh god no .. this would be annoying ... Community is too toxic (I mean that in a loving way too) for this. I don't need little billy crying about how many times I slugged him, killers meme spamming and screeching while chasing me or any of that nonsense. 3rd party chat is fine, you talk to who you want to talk to. Keep the game silent so I can enjoy the music and sound effects, and not all the swearing, fart noises and other garbage that would come with this.

  • It the opening cutscene dont Jake look at Claudette and motion to shhhhh. I think there's something in the lore to that explains why survivors dont speak and you can see down survivors cause of their screams and ######### like that.
  • @Onionthing said:
    Oh god no .. this would be annoying ... Community is too toxic (I mean that in a loving way too) for this. I don't need little billy crying about how many times I slugged him, killers meme spamming and screeching while chasing me or any of that nonsense. 3rd party chat is fine, you talk to who you want to talk to. Keep the game silent so I can enjoy the music and sound effects, and not all the swearing, fart noises and other garbage that would come with this.

    "There would also be a lot, and I mean a LOT of toxicity, but this is why there would be an option to mute certain players. You could also mute yourself (Duh)"

  • @Scgamecock86 said:
    It the opening cutscene dont Jake look at Claudette and motion to shhhhh. I think there's something in the lore to that explains why survivors dont speak and you can see down survivors cause of their screams and ######### like that.

    In Gta online your character isn't meant to talk and yet you can give them their own voice, how would DBD be different in that regard. That's why I included the option of muting players if you want to.

  • At first, I wholeheartedly agreed with this, but then, as @Onionthing said, it'd become...

    "HEY! ASSHAT! OVER HERE!"
    "NO, COME GET ME YA NOOB!"
    "LOOOOOOSEEERRR"

    Just blacklist all voice comm programs and be done with it.

    :)

  • @Supernaut said:
    At first, I wholeheartedly agreed with this, but then, as @Onionthing said, it'd become...

    "HEY! ASSHAT! OVER HERE!"
    "NO, COME GET ME YA NOOB!"
    "LOOOOOOSEEERRR"

    Just blacklist all voice comm programs and be done with it.

    :)

    I've quoted it once and I'll quote it again...

    "There would also be a lot, and I mean a LOT of toxicity, but this is why there would be an option to mute certain players. You could also mute yourself (Duh)"

  • @TAG said:
    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.
  • @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

  • @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
  • TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
  • This content has been removed.
  • TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
  • @Onionthing said:
    Oh god no .. this would be annoying ... Community is too toxic (I mean that in a loving way too) for this. I don't need little billy crying about how many times I slugged him, killers meme spamming and screeching while chasing me or any of that nonsense. 3rd party chat is fine, you talk to who you want to talk to. Keep the game silent so I can enjoy the music and sound effects, and not all the swearing, fart noises and other garbage that would come with this.

    I Agree with this. No in game chat, please. This would only elevate the toxicity levels, which are damn near lethal already, lol.

    Is nobody reading the whole thing? I clearly stated that you would have the ability to mute players. Even yourself if you don’t want to be heard.
  • TAG said:
    TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
    I don’t remember what game it was, but is it really impossible when we have cheat detection stuff? A code could be written to see if a 3rd party chat is running like Discord, and then stop the player until it’s closed.
  • The plot prevents this. Unless that is edited, or change in any way, the survivors usually don’t speak. Even the slightest of whispers can make them meet their demise.
  • Watery said:
    The plot prevents this. Unless that is edited, or change in any way, the survivors usually don’t speak. Even the slightest of whispers can make them meet their demise.
    Imma quote myself from another comment and put it here...

    “In Gta online your character isn't meant to talk and yet you can give them their own voice, how would DBD be different in that regard. That's why I included the option of muting players if you want to.”


    I should also add here that you could mute yourself too.

  • Call of Duty used to prevent you from joining modes like Search and Destroy if you were in a party but I think they stopped. 

    I dont think this this would be possible on PC. Could be wrong though. 
  • Call of Duty used to prevent you from joining modes like Search and Destroy if you were in a party but I think they stopped. 

    I dont think this this would be possible on PC. Could be wrong though. 
    On pc I think it would be even easier to do given that pc has far less limitations than console.
  • So if someone plays WAY too loud music or something, i'll either have to keep getting earraped when near them, or i'll have to mute them and not be able to take advantage of this new feature.

    Fun.

  • Boss said:

    So if someone plays WAY too loud music or something, i'll either have to keep getting earraped when near them, or i'll have to mute them and not be able to take advantage of this new feature.

    Fun.

    There would still be 4 other players that you could hear. Hell if you’re killer I think it would make it even easier if they played music. Just bully them XD
  • TAG said:
    TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
    I don’t remember what game it was, but is it really impossible when we have cheat detection stuff? A code could be written to see if a 3rd party chat is running like Discord, and then stop the player until it’s closed.
    Considering how many options there are to take into account (including some that cannot be dealt with, such as chatting using a different platform than the one you are playing on), I would say that it is indeed impossible.
  • TAG said:
    TAG said:
    TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
    I don’t remember what game it was, but is it really impossible when we have cheat detection stuff? A code could be written to see if a 3rd party chat is running like Discord, and then stop the player until it’s closed.
    Considering how many options there are to take into account (including some that cannot be dealt with, such as chatting using a different platform than the one you are playing on), I would say that it is indeed impossible.
    It would take away the popular ones at least.
  • @BigBadPiggy said:
    Boss said:

    So if someone plays WAY too loud music or something, i'll either have to keep getting earraped when near them, or i'll have to mute them and not be able to take advantage of this new feature.

    Fun.

    There would still be 4 other players that you could hear. Hell if you’re killer I think it would make it even easier if they played music. Just bully them XD

    If i'm 1 player and 1 plays music, there's 3 others i can hear.
    There's no limit either. A party of 4 could come together to all play #########.
    And yeah, it would make them easier to find. But i'd rather keep my eardrums intact.
    Lowering the volume is no option either, you'll miss out on all other sounds you may want and/or need.

    I'd much prefer the Survivor to make scripted noises when they talk into their mic.
    Like, if a Bill is talking to their fellow Survivors, the Killer will instead hear Bill mumble or something.

  • Boss said:

    @BigBadPiggy said:
    Boss said:

    So if someone plays WAY too loud music or something, i'll either have to keep getting earraped when near them, or i'll have to mute them and not be able to take advantage of this new feature.

    Fun.

    There would still be 4 other players that you could hear. Hell if you’re killer I think it would make it even easier if they played music. Just bully them XD

    If i'm 1 player and 1 plays music, there's 3 others i can hear.
    There's no limit either. A party of 4 could come together to all play #########.
    And yeah, it would make them easier to find. But i'd rather keep my eardrums intact.
    Lowering the volume is no option either, you'll miss out on all other sounds you may want and/or need.

    I'd much prefer the Survivor to make scripted noises when they talk into their mic.
    Like, if a Bill is talking to their fellow Survivors, the Killer will instead hear Bill mumble or something.

    I said 4 because the killer would be a part of it. Like F13, but with less of a dead game.

    But I do really like that mumbling idea.
  • Voice comms would have too many toxic people, and it would make Trapper useless , since the most powerful counter to his power is communication.

  • Voice comms would have too many toxic people, and it would make Trapper useless , since the most powerful counter to his power is communication.

    They can still communicate yes, but they won’t be able to be across the map and tell each other things.
  • TAG said:
    TAG said:
    TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
    I don’t remember what game it was, but is it really impossible when we have cheat detection stuff? A code could be written to see if a 3rd party chat is running like Discord, and then stop the player until it’s closed.
    Considering how many options there are to take into account (including some that cannot be dealt with, such as chatting using a different platform than the one you are playing on), I would say that it is indeed impossible.
    It would take away the popular ones at least.
    Would it?  How many of the most popular ones are still accessible on, say, mobile?
  • You would also run into the times where someone is shouting "HEY OVER HERE!!!! THERES ONE OF HERE!!!" and bam, you just got ratted out by your buddy ... Here comes killer ... and then here come a new post about how the voice chat function should be banned.

  • You would also run into the times where someone is shouting "HEY OVER HERE!!!! THERES ONE OF HERE!!!" and bam, you just got ratted out by your buddy ... Here comes killer ... and then here come a new post about how the voice chat function should be banned.

    I made this post in like 15 minutes and was being rushed because I had a teacher breathing down my neck. I tried to come up with solutions for the problems I most definitely knew were gonna be problems. I wasn’t able to get to everything.

    Around 90% of the killers I’ve played against went solely after the little bastard who was ratting people out, same with me except if you rat out someone and I’m the killer, yo ass is getting camped. So in my experience chances of that happening are low. Hell chances of people ratting out others will be the same as they are now. Don’t see why it would be any bigger of a problem than it already is.
  • TAG said:
    TAG said:
    TAG said:
    TAG said:

    @TAG said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    @TAG said:

    Why not just use a 3rd party chat comm?

    It's what makes SWF so strong. Taking it away could be a HUGE step to making SWF more balanced

    But you're not taking away 3rd party chat comm.  Only providing an alternative.

    Here is a quote from the second paragraph.

    "This would be a perfect addition because it would allow the Survivors to communicate but with a risk, unlike SWF that has no consequence (Maybe no third party chat rooms could be added?)."

    I've played games before that didn't allow you to play if you were in a third party chat room, even on playstation. So I don't see how it'd be much different here.

    How on earth is that even possible?
    I don’t know, it just wouldn’t let us enter matchmaking. But I know it’s possible.
    I don't believe that without evidence.
    I don’t remember what game it was, but is it really impossible when we have cheat detection stuff? A code could be written to see if a 3rd party chat is running like Discord, and then stop the player until it’s closed.
    Considering how many options there are to take into account (including some that cannot be dealt with, such as chatting using a different platform than the one you are playing on), I would say that it is indeed impossible.
    It would take away the popular ones at least.
    Would it?  How many of the most popular ones are still accessible on, say, mobile?
    There’s nothing you can do against mobile but at least they would be off of the thing people are playing on.