Performance Feedback: Huge Improvement, but some maps...

Hello DbD Team!

Since the last updates with UE 5 I'm monitoring the performances in game. I've to say that 120fps (with a RTX 4070) are stable 99% of the time, it's kinda impressive (everything set at Ultra)! The use of GPU feels also ok in many maps. There are a few realms who most likely need some optimisation: the frames look a bit less stable, with occasional 2-5 frames drops (rarely more) and/or a higher use of GPU (till 90%-95% in some situations, a huge spike in comparison to the average 60% of other maps)

The most problematic realms/maps looked:

Yamaoka (Every variation)
Eyrie of Crows (expecially main building area, the GPU usage increase a lot there)
Badham (Every variation)
Haddonfield (Actually the most problematic, with really consistent high spikes in GPU usage)

What's interesting is that a map that used to give this kind of issue in the past now looks actually fine (Nostromo). I also have to add that in the PTB the game felt better in these maps than live servers, if I've a good memory of it, so maybe the issue was already internally investigated.

I'll update the topic in case I notice other problematic maps, but till now I found the situation described before presenting itself everytime I spawned in these maps, as both sides, it doesn't matter who the killer is.

More Infos: I tried on both Steam and Epic Games version and the same performances were registered. Haddonfield in particular is really GPU draining in every area of the map, from the average 60%-75% of all the other maps we have spikes till 90% (even 97%) in the 4 maps I listed above.

Comments