Solo Survivor Centered Perks for Next Chapter?
So I was watching this video of a fan-made chapter by Minurath and the Survivor perks were based on a Solo Survivor and I am mostly a Solo Survivor. I prefer to do things by myself, the Gens are slower for me of course but I view other Survivors as a liability that usually get me killed when I interact with them. When I actually try to be a team player, save people, distract, do a Gen together, I get caught, camped, and tunneled. But when I sneak around and do Gens, avoid the killer, make the saves no one wants to make then I am at the top of my game.
The fan-made chapter I'll link has some cool Solo Survivor perks that reward you for not being with teammates, for being alone, and doing things by yourself which is awesome. We have loads of perks that reinforce working together but I want new perks that reinforce or help Solo Survivors like myself. The whole game is centred around team work but the fact of life is that not all team work is done together, you can be a team player without interacting with anyone. I have single handedly won several games for my teammates who played like headless chickens and then I died because I tried to help them at the very end. They didn't care that I did most of the Gens by myself, they just left me to die because they suck. But my point isn't about them sucking the point is that I by myself helped them escape without interacting with them at all until the end. It was a slow process of course but it was fun and exciting.
Here's the link, anyone else want something like this in the future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnorG94PV30&list=PLrSE6g47J7TCPzWI6u0hDsZFAFOn7VyoN&index=11&t=0s
Comments
I don't have anything against perks that help solo survivors, but the fan made survivor perks in that video are neither balanced nor a good idea, I'm afraid.
Ironically, the two gen speed perks would benefit a coordinated SWF and worsen gen rush.
One thing I want as a solo survivor is something using the gestures to actually expand communication with others. Like if you point at the killer you reveal your aura to all survivors. Or if you use come here they get an alert on their HUD so then know someone is trying to gesture them nearby.
Not sure what other kinds of perks you could make that would benefit solo more than SWF though. Pretty much everything scales up for SWF.
You mean the last perk? That makes sense actually but they don't have to be SWF for it to be powerful, it can be the new 9% if you're working alone instead of together.
I mean the 2nd and the last perk. Both perks would work great for a coordinated SWF group that wants to rush gens.
In general: The gens in this game are done too fast. We don't need any perks that help survivors with repairing even faster. There is a reason why Leader will get changed so that it won't affect gens anymore.
Well my post isn't necessarily about the perks in the video, I used this fan-made chapter as an example of Solo Survivor perks. I don't care what they are but I just think it would be cool if we did get a new Survivor who is a loner and has perks that reflect that, whatever that may be. I mean we got some for that right now but I'm just talking about in the future that is actually meant for that.
I thought you also wanted to talk about these specific perks since you mentioned them.
Ok. I wrote in my first post that I don't have anything against perks that help players who play solo. If anyone comes up with a good perk idea, I'm all for it.
You should check out my Discussions
I love making perks.
Being alone allows you to focus but causes you to be reckless. If working on a Generator with no Survivors within 10 meters you have a 10% chance to have a moderately difficult skill check but repair the Generator 3/6/9% faster. Most Rank 1 Killers use Ruin so whoever uses this perk has Ruin and this difficult skill check, not everyone is good with skill checks so only people who are experts can use this efficiently. I know the Devs always want new players to come in with every chapter and this helps new Solo Survivors do Gens faster at the cost of that moderately difficult skill check from Overcharge which isn't as bad compared to his ''considerabley''.
You resent relying on others for help, you have a -25% penalty when being healed by others but can heal yourself 25% faster.
The Devs want to use their Self-Care change as it's own perk, here ya go. Hey @not_Queen I thought of this on the spot is this cool lol
Just because you're alone, doesn't mean you're helpless. While injured press the active ability button to throw dirt into the killer's eyes stunning them for .05 seconds and blurring their vision for 1/2/3 seconds.
I say .05 seconds as a placeholder for basically stopping the Killer from swinging their weapon the moment you activate the ability, kind of like swinging through a pallet and getting hit. And the blurred vision is kind of like the intoxicated effect from Clown. I wanted something like Diversion which was an item from the world but something defensive but nowhere near as strong like Decisive Strike. This can be countered by Lightborn and the purpose of this perk is like Dead Hard, a second chance during a chase, of course since it's the ability button you can't use both perks. Unless you can assign them to two buttons and in that case it Exhausts you.
These three solo perks help you with Gens, healing, and chases but all have drawbacks of some sort to promote being alone and Surviving alone.
SWF is not about doing generators together.
Since you skimmed, the Gens will go 9% faster but are are harder to do, if they have a Medkit or self-care they can heal themselves faster but never each other, and my last perk makes no sense with what you said.
the thing about the perks its that they need to get it from the community since all the perks that i see its just useless (survivor perks) killer perks are ok except 1 perk from the huntress
I can agree with that, did anyone want a reverse Quentin perk for lockers? The community wanted anti body blocking so we got Mad Grit but who ever asked for faster locker speed?
the only perk that i want to see its 1 a perk similar than stake out that can fix pallets and it cosumes 1 token or another perk idea that i got that you can grab a survivor that its on dying state but you move slow or something similar i want to see new mecanics for survivors since i only see its m1 and thats it