I wish there were more Perk buffs
This is just a general thing, I don't really have an issue with any of the changes made in the Developer Update, I think they're pretty good. However, it seems like a majority of the recent perk changes have been nerfs, which is a bit of a shame.
In terms of Perks, this update we're getting 6 nerfs, 1 buff and 1 rework. The last time we got a big chunk of Perk buffs was nearly a year ago now I think. Since then it's been mostly nerfs with a couple of buffs sprinkled in.
There are a LOT of bad perks in DBD at the moment, and I'd really love to see them buffed so they can shine. A lot of these perks have been bad for a long time too. Someone's still out there rooting for Overwhelming Presence after all these years (it's me, please add an extra 0 to the end of it, it'll be REALLY funny).
I don't know if it's just me, but things getting buffed or reworked feels more substantial. Like, you get more stuff to work with, more gameplay options. A nerf can sometimes feel like the opposite in a way.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the changes stated in the Developer Update. Problematic stuff getting toned down is generally always a good thing, it makes the game less frustrating overall. I just want to see a good amount of Buffs to the really underwhelming stuff as well.
Comments
We need more variety, perk buffs would be great, instead of the casual "nerf this, nerf that".
Nerfs for the most powerful perks should happen, but I agree it would be nice if they came alongside some buffs for the weaker perks too. Don't even need to be drastic enough to push them to meta, just sonething to make them more appealing for those who do experiment a bit.
Waiting for the right moment to strike with a "weak perks to target" thread.
I'd actually like to see a poll where everyone can pick the 5 weakest perks either side to buff and see which ones come up. For myself:
Survivor:
Killer:
add eruption and COB to that list.
i am still waiting for gameafoot to change obsession on any basic attack.
They're probably afraid to buff weak perks in large numbers considering how disastrous it has been in the past. Buffing weaker perks is what led to the eruption meta and things like FTP+Buckle Up.
Problem is they keep adjusting the same 8 perks lol
Cool. Let it be a disaster. A disaster is interesting.