How come survivors BM me and then get confused/angry when I BM them back?

I'm a killer main most of the time but I play survivor too because I think it's fun to keep a balance between the two sides, which also makes me understanding of the two sides' issues and problems, but what I cannot simply grasp is how survivors BM me when I play killer and I'm talking t-bagging after every stun etc. etc. just generally playing with the sole purpose of making me have a bad time, and then they get all angry and confused when I BM them back when I play killer and you BM me I'll slap you on the hook or nod just to return the ball but then in the end-game chat everyone is so pissed that I'm ruining their fun that I'm a sweaty no-life and I'm like is annoying the killer really your definition of fun? Seriously grow up and stop getting defensive or mad when I return the favor, not to mention the crying and whining about "tunneling" when I'm literally trying to go out of my way to go for the unhooker yet you keep body blocking me with BT forcing me to tunnel you out.

Comments

  • Some people can only dish BM, but cannot take what they dish out.

  • As already said, some people have no problems BMing but are really offended when BMed back. However, it is not only Survivors. You can easily say "Players" instead of "Survivors". That you see more Survivors BMing is simply because you encounter more Survivors overall than Killers. In fact, if you play Killer, you encounter 0 Killers who can BM, because you are the only Killer in the respective game.

    But let me tell you a stroy:

    2 or 3 days ago I went against a Wraith on The Game. No Map Offering used or anything. The guy played well, using Silent Bell and Shadow Dance, protected by a Black Ward. He won the game with I think 2 Gens to go and his Devour Hope did a huge Job for him. Again, he was playing well and deserved his 4K, nothing wrong with that. What was wrong was that he decided to hump me on the ground for a minute after downing me (I was the last Survivor standing, he slugged a Yun-Jin for the 4K). I dont take offense in it, it is whatever, however… I got the same guy in the game afterwards. (Note: He said "gg" after his 4K)

    Next game was on Gas Heaven and I noticed that it was the same Wraith (same cosmetics, same Add Ons, again protected by a Black Ward). So I went to search for his Totems and broke both Undying and Devour Hope. In the end, 3 people escaped him (he played well again, he did not have a bad game IMO). He did NOT say "gg" (apparently only a good game when he wins) and when I said "ggez" (more out of fun and because he BMed me the game before), he completely snapped.

    You see, it is not only Survivors, both sides can be pretty hypocritical when it comes to BMs. (And many more things… e.g. bringing the strongest stuff yourself and complaining when the other side does the same)

  • For the same reason you'll see people die on a hill defending their right to go 110% every game only to turn around and scream the moment their opponent(s) dare doing the same thing. Some people are just hypocrites, and I see more of it from survivors and killers alike than I'd like.

  • Survivors in the game chat if they get to escape after blinding, saboing, and tbagging the entire game: "LMAO ez" "#########" "ur trash"

    Same survivors when you smack them on the hook, nod at them after knocking them down and genuinely not hodling game: "Omagad why so toxic bro"' "It's just a game bro", "Ur so toxic #########"

    Every. Single. Time.

  • It surprises me just how many Background Player TTV SWFs think I'm literally garbage person for...not picking up a survivor. Or daring to hit a FtP user

    After dealing with 6+ successful Flashbang rescues, I think I've earned that head nod, but it's a little disappointing to give it my all in response to a team giving it their all but I'm the bad person

  • @AtraxMorgue said:

    I'm a killer main most of the time but I play survivor too because I think it's fun to keep a balance between the two sides, which also makes me understanding of the two sides' issues and problems, but what I cannot simply grasp is how survivors BM me when I play killer and I'm talking t-bagging after every stun etc. etc. just generally playing with the sole purpose of making me have a bad time, and then they get all angry and confused when I BM them back when I play killer and you BM me I'll slap you on the hook or nod just to return the ball but then in the end-game chat everyone is so pissed that I'm ruining their fun that I'm a sweaty no-life and I'm like is annoying the killer really your definition of fun? Seriously grow up and stop getting defensive or mad when I return the favor, not to mention the crying and whining about "tunneling" when I'm literally trying to go out of my way to go for the unhooker yet you keep body blocking me with BT forcing me to tunnel you out.

    Because true BM only applies when the opposition has no, or sometimes low agency. Teabagging at the exit gates is low agency, (can only hit to force out, or wait 2m), thus it is considered BM. Bleeding out give no agency, thus is considered BM. Teabagging mid-match is a way to keep aggro from foolish players, so that way the weaker Survivor teammates can pump gens and be more useful. The Killer can decide to play along with the mid-match teabag, fall prey to the taunt, leave for one of 7-3 gens (or 2 gates), or leave to chase 1-3 other Survivors. That is so many options, the Killer player can't conceivably claim their agency is limited, thus not BM.

    Also people in this community largely mischaracterize BM and fail to understand that the enemy engaging in 'BM' (with agency) is actually sabotaging their chance of winning. If I teabag after a pallet, I lose distance, and give the Killer an advantage. If I hit someone on hook, I lose distance during the wipe animation, and give the remaining Survivors gen time. The best move is pretend you are frustrated but be unmoved, so that way they hinder themselves more in the future for your gain.

  • 20240424221725-1.jpg

    4 people with Breakout + Breakdown, 2 Background Player, 2 Headon, 4 Boil Over, 4 Alex Toolbox and 2 Petrified Oaks.

    I played like normal but because they couldn't make me miserable, they had no choice but to disconnect. In your case it's very similar. You were supposed to have a bad game and have them BM you the entire time but instead you were so incredibly toxic as to do the same to them. Shame on you. How dare you not cry in a corner and let it happen?!

    Really, some people can dish it but they can't take it. And when you have the audacity to turn the tables, that's too much for them.