Organized Survivor groups, do they exist?
Whelp, I'm admitting defeat.
I tried airing my grievances out here about how not fun it is to play killer against SWF groups, and was shut down by mods. Fair enough, message received.
I don't really wanna abandon the game after buying all the DLC, so I guess I'll just wait in the vague hope of change.
Does anyone know of any good steam groups or Discord channels where i can find more people to play SWF mode with? Honestly I think the stress level will go way down and I'll have more fun with it if I just try to focus on being a survivor main.
Thanks in advance!
Comments
It was shut down because you're falsely reporting SWF groups. Don't play the victim card when you know full well why you were "punished".
Actually, I missed the bit in the rules about whitelisting Voice chat channels. I stated above that it was fair enough, not trying to play the victim. Not asking anyone to change anything else.
I just said I changed MY outlook and tactics and Im looking for a way to enjoy the game. No need to be hostile.
If you go strictly be the definition of the report system, then usage of discord/ts is indeed bannable
But just like MLGA; the devs cant do anything
Well, I had thought that too, but they added a section that specifically called out that they were allowing communications channels such as Discord
Anyways, I really wasn't trying to bring that back up, my bad. I just wanted to try and find people. I've moved over and posted in the Survivor forums, might be more appropriate.
I won't touch the subject of MLGA when it comes to cheating, but it's simply not feasible to ban every form of voice communication there is. Hell, Steam itself comes with VC. Even if the devs made their own independent platform, there's such a thing as smartphones.
And if we go by your loose definition of "bannable" Windows 10 is as well.
All the programs on my PC are 3rd party - please stop acting as if Discord is "bannable" they've stated they wont do anything about it, creating a game mode for friends to play together and expect voice chat to be against the rules is RIDICULOUS.
Just stop with the constant rhetoric that there's a chance of getting banned using comms when they clearly state it isn't bannable.
Interesting, but thats not how they described the new report system.
WHere did you get that from?
HOW do they fall into the same category? Windows 10 is in the same category, spotify is in the same category, password managers are in the same category, you just can't let go that you're wrong and have to grasp at all straws to try and come back.
Stop being so pedantic, MLGA looks at the connections coming through DBD which is SHIFTY at best. MLGA also isn't bannable ITS JUST NOT WHITELISTED anymore.
Why can't you get it into your head that Whitelists, Blacklists, and NOT ON EITHER are VERY different.
They just say they don't want you using MLGA because it's doing things they don't want it to do (Blocking certain IPs so you can dodge). They can't detect MLGA and it's not doing anything more than what other connection monitoring softwares do except it's scanning specifically for connections coming through DBD because it was made for DBD.
Edit: Seeing as you've changed your comment entirely -
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
There you go.
And it's not that they've explained it incorrectly, it's that you want to twist the words so you can claim SWF comms is bannable
Can you give me a link to this blacklist you are talking about
The forum post doesnt cover a blacklist
Blacklists are hidden, there's no point advertising the programs you're trying to stop people using.
Not sure what you're trying to prove though, or you're trying to distract from the main points that they've said comms isn't bannable.
Hidden?
So how are the players supposed to know what is bannable? That doesnt make any sense at all
Regardless of whether you think it makes sense or not it's how it is, people should know the things they're using are a conflict of TOS.
They've stated communication apps aren't ban-able, therefore you can stop lying to people on the forum.
Really in that post they do list a white list and a blacklist.
From that post:
Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.This means just what it says. Is it a program you are using to gain an advantage? Is it something other than a communication App? If yes, technically a violation.
I stopped my complaining once I read this.
While I do think it SHOULD be against the rules, they'd have no way to police it. And won't be doing anything to stop it.
Yea, lets make a game mode that you play with your friends but ban people from talking, lol.
SWF ain't that hard buddy.