Bug? Anyone noticed glitches? Mini-teleports?
I just had a match against four "not-Steam" players.
It was on Hawkins, as Nurse.
At some point, tracking survivors, I've felt a kind of lag/glitch while blinking and I've found myself landing several meter away from the location I was supposed to be. (Not a rollback, a kind of teleport).
Later, while carrying a survivor was almost at the hook when I got teleported through the adjacent wall which means the survivor escaped my grasp.
Several times, I'm chasing a survivor and the tracks stop in the middle of nowhere. Once, using "No Where To Hide", I see the survivor on an adjacent room, a level above. That position made no sense given the doors/stairs locations. I could have made it by blinking (and I did) but a survivor on foot? No way.
I've killed them all (well, I've dropped one on the hatch but the way I see it, that's a down.)
I don't think anyone was cheating because the "glitches" felt so random it didn't help them much (but it was certainly a handicap for me.)
Nobody was marked as lagging.
Since it's a new engine, I'm wondering if it's somewhat related.
Anyone else got something similar?
edit: I've tried to send this as a bug report to zendesk and it failed. I've reported that reporting bug to the bug section of the forum.
Comments
I had some funky shenanigans as killer and survivor. As killer I was glitching over vaults, my FPS dropped to 5 every time I got a hit, as survivor I was rubberbanding on maps and then suddenly standing somewhere else, killers somewhat teleported towards the hooks before hooking. That engine change really messed things up again
I must say it's kind of reassuring. I was starting to wonder if this was done by some cheater.
Latest patch updated the games engine to Unreal engine 5 causing mass rubberbanding Fps drops and broken animatyions
I just had a killer game where I was rubberbanding all over the place.
Yeah, i was rubberbanding a lot. Curiously, it was only after hooking someone and when kicking gens. Never during a chase, thank God.
After playing a few more rounds here’s what I’ve gathered.
My 3 main problems are rubberband, constant skipping and sometimes my game just completely freezes. I can tab out and do everything else but my game is just frozen and I have to use Task Manager.