Hex Totems Blocked Until First Gen Complete - A Japanese Comp Idea

Hey there! I saw a tournament a while ago that was using the Japanese tournament rules, and one of them was that Hex totems could not be cleansed until the first generator was completed. I think this would be a very nice idea for just basekit Hex, as so many times survivors will just spawn next to an exposed Hex totem and cleanse it within the first 30 seconds of a game, which is never fun.

Comments

  • yea I never understand why this is still a thing

  • That or just make all totems appear as dulls until the first gen is completed. Either way.

  • Yeah, I thought about it too when I first heard about this rule, might bring some hex perks into meta again, which would be welcomed change for me…


    I would allow cleansing / blessing dull totems and hex totems are still displayed, so you can just return there when first gen pops.

  • @VomitMommy said:

    Yeah, I thought about it too when I first heard about this rule, might bring some hex perks into meta again, which would be welcomed change for me…


    I would allow cleansing / blessing dull totems and hex totems are still displayed, so you can just return there when first gen pops.

    This is what I was thinking too! I think it would be balanced and fun.