Why is Champion of Light much better than Shadowborn?

Shadowborn, gwt blinded +10% haste for 10 sec.

Champ of Light: get movement boost while using flashi, trigger -20% Hindred for 6 sec.

That doesnt sound fair at all. Feels like Shadowborn is also quite bad perk, no?

Comments

  • Killer and Survivor speedboosts (and reductions) are not equivalent.

    I do think Shadowborn could probably use a buff, but I don't think it should get compared to perks on a totally different role.

  • Champion of Light has a 60 second cooldown. It can only be applied by a survivor once every 60 seconds. Shadowborn has no cooldown and can proc as many times as necessary.

    Sure, Champion of Light has a stronger slowdown, but it doesn't last as long as the speedboost does, so it's not that bad, and shadowborn applies on every blind. It still serves as a decent counter (lightborn is better though) and provides good value unless each survivor has the perk and only blinds you once every 60 seconds.

    Yeah it sucks as a perk but I don't think every killer perk HAS to be better than the respective survivor perks. Killers already have a perk that is better than champion of light in every way which is Lightborn, I think it is fine that killers have one that isn't as good of a counter but has other niches.

  • Shadowborn doesnt have cooldown

  • One is a thematic perk for a dlc and the other is a 2 second rework