Freddie should never get a buff

Ive yet to even survive against him. Last match, 2 gens done, match before he two hooked everyone before a gen was even completed. Then he sat in the corner (I'm assuming to let us go so it looks like he is under powered) or just a nice guy.... regardless... He dominated every match I've played against him so I'm trying to figure out where all the crying is coming from. When I'm playing him (against not a killer main nor running sweaty) I usually win. Please explain the outcry for a buff?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3692850#Comment_3692850

    If we go about kill rates, then why don't we buff Nurse? Or why did we ever nerf her? Her kill rate is usually not that impressive compared to all other killers, yet so many of us seem to believe that Nurse is actually pretty good. Weird.

    Kill rates do not paint a full picture. They only show that MMR, players, perks, maps and killer powers in combination resulted in certain numbers. Especially MMR is important here. Because MMR won't allow you to get anywhere where you lose all the time. Meaning, it's possible for a terribly weak killer (let's say Nurse without blinks) to still have a decent kill rate because they will only play against survivors that are on a level they can actually compete with. And let's be honest, Nurse without a power would definitely not be balanced.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3692607#Comment_3692607

    That's a funny question. Would you believe me, if I said I had a 40% kill rate with Freddy? Would you believe me, if I said I had a 80% kill rate with Freddy? In order to answer your question sufficiently, we would need to provide proof, or else your bias (or own for that matter) would mean, that the answer could be discredited. And even then, that proof could easily be argued to be insufficient. No answer to your question would please you, unless it affirms your bias.

    My response above also applies to you. Kill rates cannot really be used as a measure of balance anymore. Especially not with MMR because the matchmaking will correct anything out of the ordinary in due time. However because the individual killer MMR of a player is not completely unrelated to their MMR on different killers, we can sometimes make an educated guess that people struggle with the difficulty of a killer (when the numbers are way lower than they should be). That is not the case for Freddy though.

    Anyone could play him and they wouldn't be confused with his power or waste time figuring it out. He is a very basic killer with not much depth and a rather straight forward power for the one playing him (not so much for the ones playing against him). So if you were a Clown main for example and you would switch to Freddy for the first time, chances are you'd perform pretty well because both share a lot basic mechanics. If you were to switch to Nurse however, you would probably struggle a lot because she is a completely different kind of killer.

    An argument could also be made that Freddy attracts more experienced killer players than new players simply because he lacks so much originality. Pretty much everything he does, someone else does in better and his power doesn't have a lot of creative uses, so there is not much reason to play him aside from him being Freddy Krueger. Look at @GeneralV for example, who only mains Freddy because he was his favorite killer before the rework almost 5 years ago (you're a trooper, you know that?). Naturally these people would be pretty good at the game and have a lot of experience to utilise. The survivors they play against however, would not have that same experience because as easy as Freddy is to play as and play against, if you know his strengths and weaknesses, he becomes just as hard to play against when you don't.

    I can't even remember the last time I played against a Freddy and I only know so much about his power because I like to play him (I guess some part of me likes to suffer?!). But what about the people that don't play him? They might know what his power does but they are likely to lack the experience to know all of his many weaknesses. Sometimes the threat of a power is stronger than the actual power itself.

    We see the opposite on Blight. When you just start playing him, you will struggle with his power because it's quite hard to use (the exact opposite of Freddy) but rather straight forward from the survivor's perspective (again, the exact opposite). So naturally bad Blight players will have a harder time. On top of that, you also see that a lot of survivors, even ones that aren't that good otherwise know how to play against Blight simply because they have a lot of practice against him, due to his high pick rate.

    I love how you try to reach someone with a huge texts. But it just seems to me that there is no point in explaining to someone that Earth is not flat. They'll either figure it out themselves sometime or not, but your words won't undermine their belief that Earth is flat. Direct these efforts to a place where they will make at least some sense.

  • this joke thread?

  • @Doxie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3692530#Comment_3692530

    And what is your ratio with Freddie. Seems everyone likes to leave that out. That's quite literally the whole point of this.

    Freddy is so bad that he has become extremely rare to face. You see him usually every 30 games once.

    Last time I faced him, he had pallets on Garden of Joy. 4man out because he literally had no power.

    If I could play against him more, I could propably say more about that. I play him a lot though due to the influence of @GeneralV. I rarely win with him.

    You also completely ignored the other points I mentioned.

    Pigs and Onryos killrate is also high because of lesser experienced survivors. Not being the best survivor in the game is no shame. Everyone has bad games from time to time. Putting the shame on the killer, who is objectively way worse than a lot of other characters that can be encountered however is not the way to go.

  • i miss old freddy

  • @Marioneo said:

    i miss old freddy

    So do I, my friend.

    The very reason for me to be here.

  • Same we weren't powerful back then but being all seeing was fun and the dream world meant something

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3694967#Comment_3694967

    Same we weren't powerful back then but being all seeing was fun and the dream world meant something

    The most unique killer they've ever designed, and by far the most fun.

    I have hope we will get him back eventually, my friend.

1 2 ›