Biggest Problem of All: Both Sides Are Worsening Each Other
If you've seen my discussions, I entirely focus on playing for fun, not just trying to win by bringing strong perks and items.
However, every round I go in, each killer or survivor I face, is always bringing absurd things at this point. And when I ask for the survivors to calm down, one just said that they might just get slugged or tunneled by a Nurse.
That's my point: Due to tryhard killers, more survivors are becoming tryhards and bringing overpowered items and add-ons or tryhard to genrush badly.
And vice vera: Because of tryhard survivors, more killers are having to tunnel or go full force on slowdowns.
Comments
Or perhaps actual problem is the fact somehow people not having fun in tryharding.
Maybe they should have fun in tryharding, in PvP game.
It is looking like the OP might of been validated.
I think you're close, but not quite.
I started the game as killer. And while it was fine at first once you hit the point where it's nonstop toxicity and BMing for bringing builds that are more fun and not meta you eventually start adding meta to your kits to catch up. And on survivor side you get hit with said meta, so you play meta on survivor and create the feedback loop of sweating.
Meanwhile, core game issues aren't being addressed fast enough and perks get weird changes. Either minuscule or insanely demolished way beyond what should have been done. BHVR has gotten better about things, like with the anti-facecamp and anti-3 gen but there's still a reliance on perks fixing other core issues and end up becoming the new meta, so now the other side has to create a new meta to counter the other side's new meta and the cycle continues.
People can play how they want. You and me and just chill and lose most games and not be bothered. Other people can try to win at all costs. It's not a big deal.