Double-pallet spawn in Greenville Square
This was on Steam. I haven't played this map often, so I don't know how often this happens, but these pallets shouldn't spawn so close together.
Tagged:
Under Review
This was on Steam. I haven't played this map often, so I don't know how often this happens, but these pallets shouldn't spawn so close together.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This is a new map tile
and your point with that is?
Their point is exactly what they said - it's a new map tile. Meaning it's there by design.
Knowing the history of double pallets and there being a restriction to minimum spawn distances that is violated here, I don't think so.
Also, the devs acknowledged this as a bug, since it's under review currently.
Pallets aren't meant to spawn this close together, new map tile or not. It's supposed to be a spot in which either the left or the right pallet can spawn, to give it some randomness, but not both at the same time.
The Devs actually mentioned that this map has new map tiles with 2 pallets. They use it as an experiment.
I also reported this during the PTB and they said it is intentional.
PS: "Under Review" is the normal state in which New posts are put to.
I was confused seeing those pallets as well - but it does very much seem to be by design.
Not sure who thought double pallets was a good idea again after the mess they were in early dbd. Must be someone who is new.
If you look closer at the tile you took a screenshot of, you will see that this is well mindgamable. One pallet only has a tiny tree on one side. I did not have a problem with it so far.
Or maybe, as the developers have stated themselves, it's an e x p e r i m e n t. I think you just need to accept it's intentional and move on.
To make map as save as possible