New Killer Sided Gamemode?

I would like to suggest an idea I had, and maybe this has popped up on this forum before but I have not seen it recently. I understand a killer sided main game would make for unfun survivor gameplay, longer killer queues and potentially boring and tedious killer gameplay loop. So I would like to suggest a game mode where killers can be much more powerful without ruining the main game.

How about a hide and seek-ish game mode? Survivors have to survive in a darkened map, similar to light out, but killers have less hit cooldown, see a bit further in the dark, and break things faster. There would be no generators (unless a second objective would be added but no exit gates.) and the main goal would be to survive X amount of time, killers can use their power (which may make it a bit unfair, but suggestions are always welcome.) Killers WOULD have a perk like whispers or some sort to help find stealthy survivors, but its up to them to find the survivors. To balance it, pallets could respawn (after about, say, a minute or two) but survivors move slower, so killer is faster than usual, survivors cant fast vault and killers may have a short lunge or none at all.

I understand the concerns that may come across like camping, tunneling, etc. so a larger anti-camping radius could be introduced, as well as maybe leaving no pools of blood and scratch marks for 30 seconds after unhook, and with reduced visibility that could very much so help. I get this is a very out there idea, however, I'm open to suggestions and improvements upon my original idea, however I want killer to keep the sense of being a true horror like a survival game and not a competitive game. I hope you all see the idea I have and share some sort of sentiment about a fun hide and seek game mode like this.

Comments

  • Well if bHVR finished that Lights Out mode and makes it a thing they wanna support fully, then you got your wish.