Can something seriously be done about the brightness on console

I have the game on playstation, and the game is so dark that some maps are straight up unplayable because it is almost pitch black, that I legit cannot even see what is even in front of me. PC players have night vision compared to console players as I have the game on PC too. I cannot play on Greenville square, silent hill, yamaoka state and autohaven wreckers at all because those maps are almost pitch black. It's not my tv as other games do not have this brightness issues. It's unfair already that we have to play against PC users using reshaders to cheat by removing shadows. Either make the maps brighter or increase the brightness on console. Or, add console only crossplay

Comments

  • Yeah, it's bad on PS4.

    It's worse on Switch, especially in handheld mode. The game needs brightness/contrast/gamma sliders for console. This issue only ever seems to get worse.

  • In the basement, itβ€˜s cool.

  • @CsleBright said:

    I have the game on playstation, and the game is so dark that some maps are straight up unplayable because it is almost pitch black, that I legit cannot even see what is even in front of me. PC players have night vision compared to console players as I have the game on PC too. I cannot play on Greenville square, silent hill, yamaoka state and autohaven wreckers at all because those maps are almost pitch black. It's not my tv as other games do not have this brightness issues. It's unfair already that we have to play against PC users using reshaders to cheat by removing shadows. Either make the maps brighter or increase the brightness on console. Or, add console only crossplay

    Well that sucks mate :/ However using reshade and such things is not cheating, it has been explicitly white listed.

    However I fully agree that the game has terrible settings in the sense of basically everything is missing a game should have when we re talking about graphics settings... No brightness, gama, different things to enable or disable like shadow quality or view distance or view distance quality and what not.

  • @CsleBright said:

    I have the game on playstation, and the game is so dark that some maps are straight up unplayable because it is almost pitch black, that I legit cannot even see what is even in front of me. PC players have night vision compared to console players as I have the game on PC too. I cannot play on Greenville square, silent hill, yamaoka state and autohaven wreckers at all because those maps are almost pitch black. It's not my tv as other games do not have this brightness issues. It's unfair already that we have to play against PC users using reshaders to cheat by removing shadows. Either make the maps brighter or increase the brightness on console. Or, add console only crossplay

    May sound dumb, but have you cranked up brightness on your TV to the max?

    I know that I (even though I am on PC) have problems on Autoheaven for similar reasons but I can mitigate them by using my GPU's software. (I don't use those ulta ridiculous filters though).


    This still does not justify console only crossplay.

  • Console players are the real players.

    We don't need no monitor brightness, mouse flicks, 120 FPS, or third party crosshairs. We play this game 100% legit 😏

    Dredge is 😱😱😱