Footsteps sounds and Lightweight
With the footsteps audio remixed and its volume adjusted, shouldn't Lightweight be changed to silence them, aside the scratch marks faster fading?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They did discuss doing that at one point back around the time they were looking at changing predator.
Nothing happened with that though which is a shame, I would like more quiet stealth perks
@Entità
Just fyi, when the devs say "footsteps audio remixed and volume adjusted", they mean that the audio levels have been brought back to the normal levels before the most recent engine update. Patch 2.4.0. with its Unreal Engine update accidentally changed some volume levels for things like footsteps, breathing, chainsaw noises etc. Theyre just putting things back to normal, not making footsteps louder than they used to be (before 2.4.0)
regardless, interesting idea. I certainly do find survivors by hearing their footsteps. could be interesting
@touchpadgamer Are you sure? "Remixed volume levels for footsteps, music & VOs" and "Removed the attenuation on VOs and footsteps that were integrated in the 2.4.0 release" are indicated separately. Anyhow, the developers should silence these sounds of steps for the survivors who run Lightweight, in order to give back to the killer the full ability to sniff the prey, with normal volumes and sounds, without however prejudicing those who voluntarily invested in stealth.
Yeah, it's a shame the rework of the Predator perk is the way that it is and also that Lightweight wasn't changed to have lighter footsteps. The amount of mechanics that the developers don't consider to be relevant enough to keep tinkering with is disheartening.
@Peanits Could you kindly move this thread to the Balance feedback section?
I was hoping for this rework to come when the footstep sounds were being adjusted, but that didn’t happen. I now cannot hear footsteps very well while in chase, and I feel like I should be able to do so if a survivor is well within 16 meters of me.