Hangman's Trick rework ideas

I don't think I need to explain why this perk is beyond useless.

I have no idea if my rework ideas would make it any good, but I feel like I could get much more value out of it than from the current version.

Obviously it shouldn't be a Scourge Hook perk and I think it could do one of the following when you pickup and carry a survivor:

  1. Make the aura of the closest hook a different color (or 3 closest hooks?)
  2. Intensity of all the hook auras represent the amount of distance you're away from them
  3. 1 AND show survivors in a 4/6/8m radius from the hook(s)
  4. 2 AND show survivors in a 4/6/8m radius from the closest one
  5. Make the aura of the hook closest to the closest survivor to you a different color (so you know that when you hook someone on that hook, there might be a survivor fairly close or simply closer than to your closest hook)
  6. 5 AND show survivors in a 4/6/8m radius from the hook(s)

The aura color/intensity for all of these could change mid carrying a survivor, but I'm not sure if that makes those ideas better or worse lmao.

I would gladly hear which version yall like best.

Comments

  • Roll all of the iterations into one.

    Reveals Survivors within 12m of a Scourge Hook, 6m of Regular Hooks and make broken hooks come back in 10 seconds regardless of how they were broken. All at once.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Roll all of the iterations into one.

    Reveals Survivors within 12m of a Scourge Hook, 6m of Regular Hooks and make broken hooks come back in 10 seconds regardless of how they were broken. All at once.

    Not sure about all of those stacking, but I really like the broken hooks idea, not hard fixed on 10s though. I think it would be a far too great counter to Breakdown. Though something like making them come back like 33% faster would still be nice.

  • @theTARNavsky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3669863#Comment_3669863

    Not sure about all of those stacking, but I really like the broken hooks idea, not hard fixed on 10s though. I think it would be a far too great counter to Breakdown. Though something like making them come back like 33% faster would still be nice.

    I mean, it existed alongside Breakdown for quite a long time (all hook sabos were 180s but took longer by default), and it wasn't a massive deal. It'd be a relatively niche counter.

    (Old Hangman's Trick)

    image.png

    ("Old" Breakdown, functioned exactly the same as it does today, though)

    image.png