Simple map offering solution
Instead of giving that realm you could make it so it removes the realm from being rolled that trial.
- Example: Coldwind farm offering used, no Coldwind farm map that trial.
Instead of giving that realm you could make it so it removes the realm from being rolled that trial.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If all 5 players played one you'd potentially be removing up to 10 maps with the repeat prevention factored in. Squads could just eliminate maps and still get a map in their favor.
There are 21 seperate realms, even if all 4 survivors ban 1 of those realms it still has to roll between 17 different realms.
I don't understand your logic. Could you tell me how a group would take advantage of this? Now they can just bring 1 single Garden of Joy offering. So you're scared of a whole team bringing Lerys, Hawkins, Midwich and Nostromo every match? And take a 1-17 roll for Garden?
Implementing this seems easy enough, and I'm all for it.
However, we have to think about all the map offering players have been stockpiling over the years. All those indoor map offerings stealthy killers have been hoarding will now be useless. Same with the Garden of Joy offerings survivors have been grabbing up.
The devs will need additional time to devise a tool to calculate and redistribute map offerings in player's inventories. Either they add up each character's total number of map offerings owned and redistribute them equally (and each player has somewhere between 10 to 40 characters, and there are thousands and thousands of players).
Or they just calculate an average number of map offerings based on play time. (A player with 700 hours should have roughly x number of map offerings, so we will divide that number up between each of their owned characters.) But they would also have to consider prestige levels. A player wouldn't want all of their map offerings from their P100 survivor main to be distributed to all the survivors they don't play.
I think it's about time they let all characters (survivors and killers) share the same offering pool (Black Wards, White Wards, and Moris would be in the same pool, but only equippable for the appropriate role). Then they can redistribute map offerings based on play time and have map offerings deny a realm instead of guarantee it. Plus, it would finally bring value to shroud offerings and allow killers to make survivors start together or allow survivors to start the trial split up.
I think your first point shouldn't be a problem. You see, the 'good' offerings you will probably have the least of. Same with add-ons. Because you're using those all the time now. When I look at my Ghostface for example. I have like ~50 of every map offering, except only 1 Lerys. Even though I prioritize Lery offerings when doing bloodwebs, for obvious reasons. People don't hoard stuff they use loads of... because they're using them :)
Second point I absolutely agree with. Offerings should be shared across all killers and items+addons+offerings should also be shared on survivor. But I think that's a feature we will definitely see in the future, but that shouldn't be a potential reason to block the idea I have for map offerings. It's a different topic.
By making map offerings 'realm blockers' you fix the following problems: