Survivors kill themselves on hook to skew data

Played a several Huntress matches and survivors keep throwing on hook to try and skew the data. I have several recorded matches of this. 30 and 40 minute matches where survivors refused to play or do gens and would finally do all the gens and die to the entity. Good thing bhvr knows that they died due to the entity and not to the hook. But I have had real and fun matches too! I enjoy playing with people who actually want to test the changes and see how it works!

Context: This post devolved into Huntress change arguments. I have played against PTB Huntress and she is still loopable as she is 10% slower than survivors. All the people I disagree with have not played the PTB and don’t know how strong she is besides videos which like the Twitter one are skewed, ie shiny pin, starting side by side, the survivor looopong super sloppy and the killer looping tight.

Comments

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657430#Comment_3657430

    I agree console needs better aiming but she also needs to be faster. 77% on a 110 killer is outdated. Low kill rates at high MMR too confirm this by dbds own stats. Plus this is all conjecture on your part. You haven’t played against the new version of her since you’re a console player and I have. I still looped her, I’m 10% faster than her. She only gets hits a free seconds faster. It’s not like she can run loops while holding hatchets.

    So not only do you not play on console, when people do play on console and tell you that you aren't correct, you just say that you know better and move on???


    Ego much?

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657430#Comment_3657430

    I agree console needs better aiming but she also needs to be faster. 77% on a 110 killer is outdated. Low kill rates at high MMR too confirm this by dbds own stats. Plus this is all conjecture on your part. You haven’t played against the new version of her since you’re a console player and I have. I still looped her, I’m 10% faster than her. She only gets hits a free seconds faster. It’s not like she can run loops while holding hatchets.

    Once again, stats are not supposed to be used for balance changes for a plethora of reasons, they don't tell the whole story.

    Huntress is far from being in a bad spot and is currently one of if not the most balanced killer in the game.

    I also am failing to understand why your citing console players as the reason Huntress needs a buff when you don't play on console. Talk about conjecture. You have two console players straight up telling you she's not that bad on console. Any killer that is projectile based is automatically going to be harder on console than PC, but once again, there is no way to buff or balance around that, it's simply an inherent advantage of being able to aim with your arm instead of your thumbs.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657433#Comment_3657433

    Lower than the average is extremely relevant.

    You aren't suggesting new player buffs, you are suggesting massive buffs straight across the board.

    Should we give Nurse across the board buffs? Just to help those new Nurse players, we should give her basekit 7 Blinks and Omega Blink back. Just to help those new players.

    That's what you're suggesting is an appropriate response.

    The average is supposed to be 60% so yes the current average isn’t relevant. And The Huntress isn’t anywhere near as strong as nurse. So buffing her would be as bad. Don’t ignore the fact that you have no idea how she is currently and are asking for changes when you have no clue how she is right now and are only seeing a heavily skewed clip on Twitter where she is using shiny pin, they start side by side, the survivor runs the loop super sloppy while Huntress runs it right. She is still loop able like I said don’t forget that.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657437#Comment_3657437

    Once again, stats are not supposed to be used for balance changes for a plethora of reasons, they don't tell the whole story.

    Huntress is far from being in a bad spot and is currently one of if not the most balanced killer in the game.

    I also am failing to understand why your citing console players as the reason Huntress needs a buff when you don't play on console. Talk about conjecture. You have two console players straight up telling you she's not that bad on console. Any killer that is projectile based is automatically going to be harder on console than PC, but once again, there is no way to buff or balance around that, it's simply an inherent advantage of being able to aim with your arm instead of your thumbs.

    Two console players who are telling me she’s good who don’t actually play her. Meanwhile the Huntress mains I follow on TikTok rant about her on console 24/7. Don’t ignore the fact you haven’t played against her current version at all and have no idea if she needs to be reverted or not. You’re just completely guessing that she is too strong. You ignore the fact she is still very loopable and that I have actually played against her while you haven’t.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657448#Comment_3657448

    Two console players who are telling me she’s good who don’t actually play her. Meanwhile the Huntress mains I follow on TikTok rant about her on console 24/7. Don’t ignore the fact you haven’t played against her current version at all and have no idea if she needs to be reverted or not. You’re just completely guessing that she is too strong. You ignore the fact she is still very loopable and that I have actually played against her while you haven’t.

    Dear lord, I'm done with this. Just making assumptions out of your ass while preaching conjecture. I play quite a fair amount of Huntress. I don't have to play as or against her PTB version to know that these changes are absolutely unnecessary. Citing TikTokers as your source is just laughable. Have a good one.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657442#Comment_3657442

    The average is supposed to be 60% so yes the current average isn’t relevant. And The Huntress isn’t anywhere near as strong as nurse. So buffing her would be as bad. Don’t ignore the fact that you have no idea how she is currently and are asking for changes when you have no clue how she is right now and are only seeing a heavily skewed clip on Twitter where she is using shiny pin, they start side by side, the survivor runs the loop super sloppy while Huntress runs it right. She is still loop able like I said don’t forget that.

    Actually, I was watching Coco talk about her, not sure what Twitter clip you're talking about.


    Hmmmm actually, according to those stats, Huntress is stronger than Nurse. Oops.



    The more I talk with you, the more I see what's happening here.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657448#Comment_3657448

    Two console players who are telling me she’s good who don’t actually play her. Meanwhile the Huntress mains I follow on TikTok rant about her on console 24/7. Don’t ignore the fact you haven’t played against her current version at all and have no idea if she needs to be reverted or not. You’re just completely guessing that she is too strong. You ignore the fact she is still very loopable and that I have actually played against her while you haven’t.

    Pretty sure I play her.

    I'm sure TikTok cries about how Nurse is too weak.


    Try Huntress on a controller, see how it feels.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657452#Comment_3657452

    Actually, I was watching Coco talk about her, not sure what Twitter clip you're talking about.

    Hmmmm actually, according to those stats, Huntress is stronger than Nurse. Oops.

    The more I talk with you, the more I see what's happening here.

    It's so glaringly obvious they're just using console players as an excuse to get Huntress buffed on PC, any attempt to play this off is laughable.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657454#Comment_3657454

    Pretty sure I play her.

    I'm sure TikTok cries about how Nurse is too weak.

    Try Huntress on a controller, see how it feels.

    No lol I’m not saying you can’t play her; you haven’t played against the buffs on the PTB. So you have no clue how strong she is right now.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657462#Comment_3657462

    It's so glaringly obvious they're just using console players as an excuse to get Huntress buffed on PC, any attempt to play this off is laughable.

    Still ignoring the fact you haven’t played against her. That really tells me what I need to know. You haven’t experienced it. Also you’ll note coco said the buffs are needed but just to be toned down a bit.

  • @mikewelk said:

    It's not to skew the data, they just realized how busted Huntress is and there's no denying it. I would do the exact same because I didn't play the PTB to experience huge buffs to an already balanced killer that came from some random void that no one asked for until now apparently.

    https://twitter.com/RNIN_St1v1/status/1759992506056425727?t=YZtjl7BtrgqQfmgcCkML9w&s=19

    Try to justify this video.

    Forgive my stupid brain but I am failing to see a issue here

    Like what actually is going on in this video that indicates Huntress is overpowered now?

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657469#Comment_3657469

    Still ignoring the fact you haven’t played against her. That really tells me what I need to know. You haven’t experienced it. Also you’ll note coco said the buffs are needed but just to be toned down a bit.

    Coco says, "The 10% faster wind-up is probably fine, the add-ons were nerfed, so this is probably okay. Having 7 Hatchets basekit is too much, maybe experiment with 6, but that might be too much as well, but at least it isn't 7. The 15% faster movement speed needs to be toned down significantly."

  • @mikewelk said:

    It's not to skew the data, they just realized how busted Huntress is and there's no denying it. I would do the exact same because I didn't play the PTB to experience huge buffs to an already balanced killer that came from some random void that no one asked for until now apparently.

    https://twitter.com/RNIN_St1v1/status/1759992506056425727?t=YZtjl7BtrgqQfmgcCkML9w&s=19

    Try to justify this video.

    Twitter one is skewed, ie shiny pin, starting side by side, the survivor looopong super sloppy and the killer looping tight.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655607#Comment_3655607

    Forgive my stupid brain but I am failing to see a issue here

    Like what actually is going on in this video that indicates Huntress is overpowered now?

    The zoning potential of new Huntress. You can hold a hatchet and not really lose any distance, even around a large structure like Shack.

    This means that a lot of skill expression will be gone from Huntress because players will simply hold Hatchets and not be punished for doing so.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657480#Comment_3657480

    The zoning potential of new Huntress. You can hold a hatchet and not really lose any distance, even around a large structure like Shack.

    This means that a lot of skill expression will be gone from Huntress because players will simply hold Hatchets and not be punished for doing so.

    Ah okay, yeah I can see why people are complaining about that

    But at the same time I doubt it’ll go to live servers, especially if people are this pissed about it

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657487#Comment_3657487

    Ah okay, yeah I can see why people are complaining about that

    But at the same time I doubt it’ll go to live servers, especially if people are this pissed about it

    I think it's less the changes, which are bad to be sure, and more that they dedicated resources to changing someone like Huntress.

    She's largely fine, not really complained about and is generally considered to be very good design.


    So logically, they changed her instead of someone like Myers, Trapper, Legion, Freddy etc etc

  • @mikewelk said:

    It's not to skew the data, they just realized how busted Huntress is and there's no denying it. I would do the exact same because I didn't play the PTB to experience huge buffs to an already balanced killer that came from some random void that no one asked for until now apparently.

    https://twitter.com/RNIN_St1v1/status/1759992506056425727?t=YZtjl7BtrgqQfmgcCkML9w&s=19

    Try to justify this video.

    The PTB is a horrible judge of balance though because matchmaking/MMR is non-existent on it. I basically go against the babiest of babies when playing on the PTB, as both sides too. I can usually loop the killer for 5 gens (if my teammates actually did the gens) and survivors are lucky to get a single gen done if i play pretty much any kill with no perks.


    As for the video, i can justify it by multiple things. First of all, in a real game, if a survivor is letting you get that close, your movement speed while holding a hatchet doesn't matter (hint: huntress i still slower than a survivor while holding a hatchet)


    Secondly, MMR exists, so good huntress players will go against good survivors, and bad huntress players will go against bad survivors. So the bad huntress player can barely hit hatchets as it is, so giving them a couple more and increasing the movement speed isn't going to change much for them when they barely understand what is going on. Meanwhile in high MMR games, where huntress struggles because survivors just loop 50 times around a rock she can't throw over and being 110 means that those rock loops take way longer to catch a survivor. And she has 0 map control, she'll be able to hang much better.


    Lastly, just release the changes, and see how it goes. I don't understand why everyone always thinks everything has to be absolutely perfect. You seem to think that if they release it, and its too much, that they will never change it again.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657491#Comment_3657491

    I think it's less the changes, which are bad to be sure, and more that they dedicated resources to changing someone like Huntress.

    She's largely fine, not really complained about and is generally considered to be very good design.

    So logically, they changed her instead of someone like Myers, Trapper, Legion, Freddy etc etc

    They keep talking about how tight their schedules are which just rubs salt in the wound when stuff like this happens considering that the time could've been spent way more effectively.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657480#Comment_3657480

    The zoning potential of new Huntress. You can hold a hatchet and not really lose any distance, even around a large structure like Shack.

    This means that a lot of skill expression will be gone from Huntress because players will simply hold Hatchets and not be punished for doing so.

    Apparently the video doesn't show that because they started it "point blank" so it's not fair...

  • How about instead of being snarky you explain it then?

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657545#Comment_3657545

    That’s totally beside the point and has absolutely nothing to do with his post.

    I think it totally makes sense. He is claiming that these changes make huntress OP. I'm stating that, the PTB is a horrible judge of balance because MMR and matchmaking doesn't exist on it. Then he said "justify this" so i posted my "justifications for it"

  • Closing the thread here, as it has gotten argumentative & off-topic. As Peanits already commented earlier in the thread:

    image.png


    And as a general reminder, please remember to keep comments civil, respectful, and constructive, and a reminder to be respectful of those who play on platforms that differ from others. Thank you.

1 2 3 ›