why is the player base decreasing?

Taking Steam data, the player base continues to decline. I know Steam doesn't count consoles and I'm not saying dbd is dying. But why?

The game is much more balanced now than 2-3 years ago, killers are very solid and viable (except for a few), there are many balanced maps (except for a few), many "broken" strategies no longer exist...

In theory the player base should increase and not decrease.

Some people will now say "there are no new game modes"... "lights out" had literally no effect on player numbers.

your opinions?

Comments

  • Solo q is stressful for most.

    Killer in general is stressful for most.

    Most of the killer roster sucks against good players. Fine against the average potato though. Strong even.

    Continued poor map balance means you can load in and just lose by default.


    So basically unless you're playing with friends, playing killer against potatoes, or enjoy playing the A+ to S killers, the game just isn't fun and/or up to RNG whether you can realistically win, let alone if you actually do. There's nothing big going on to keep players interested either. Just the Billy mafia returning for his buffs and light out.

    The game might be better balanced than before, but its still not in great shape. Outside of that there's just user experience problems making the game unfun. We still have problems like: tunneling, camping, gens flying, high self sacrifice rates, dead zones, 17+ pallet average, god structures, Ect.

  • Action visualization and the AFC made the match a boring work.

    And newcomers are hard to keep playing because there are many characters and not a few things to learn.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3648343#Comment_3648343

    Then they just leave messages on your profile. Like seriously, i have a open steam profile and can see on the comments of my profile, when i made a pause playing DbD.

    This community has a serious anger problem. Treating a loss as a personal insult. Its one of the reasons i play less and less. I just wanna have fun playing a game i like. Not turn my profile to private, because i must fear the toxic comments that come after some matches.

    Yeah that’s super annoying and I’m sorry that happens to you. I’m on console, so turning off messages from people outside your friends list allows you to completely block out these types of messages. I wasn’t aware people could still comment on your steam profile even after this.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650304#Comment_3650304

    Yeah that’s super annoying and I’m sorry that happens to you. I’m on console, so turning off messages from people outside your friends list allows you to completely block out these types of messages. I wasn’t aware people could still comment on your steam profile even after this.

    Oh they absolutely can. Its really weird how some players take this game so serious. I can´t imagine CoD players would send toxic messages after losing a match, or getting killed to often.

    When its just a game and another match is just a click away. Instead they spend time and dedication to spam the profiles of people they most likely won´t play against ever again.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650485#Comment_3650485

    Oh they absolutely can. Its really weird how some players take this game so serious. I can´t imagine CoD players would send toxic messages after losing a match, or getting killed to often.

    When its just a game and another match is just a click away. Instead they spend time and dedication to spam the profiles of people they most likely won´t play against ever again.

    There was a time where people would send rage messages to their opponents during the xbox live era of the Xbox and 360. It wasn't necessarily common, but I do remember it happening a few times playing Halo online.

    Though honestly I'm more concerned with some rather unhinged individual deciding to take it a bit further. When swatting is a thing people do and information is all over the internet that someone really persistence might be able to track down personal information, the risk of leaving your profile public is quite high now.

  • The question is, what do you mean by balanced? Survivors escape 39 out of 100 games on avarage, so they are losing the majority of their matches. I would argue for a balanced match you would win as much as you lose.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650271#Comment_3650271

    I remember when Blight came out. That patch caused all Xbox1x machines (just those models mind you, not the other Xbox1's) to insta-overheat and shut down when you started up DBD. Wasn't fixed until the following hotfix, like a week later.

    It's in the tech issues section. Good reads in there, the players were real understanding...

    Console players always get the worst of it, but sometimes not even PC players are safe.

    @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650275#Comment_3650275

    Old Cold Wind feels so long ago, it's crazy to me seeing footage of the Twins in there.

    Yeah, that period of transition between the Old DBD and the modern DBD was not a good time to play this game, but it does have some interesting little trivia.

    Blight, for instance, could be played on the Old Autohaven maps.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650283#Comment_3650283

    Console players always get the worst of it, but sometimes not even PC players are safe.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650306#Comment_3650306

    Yeah, that period of transition between the Old DBD and the modern DBD was not a good time to play this game, but it does have some interesting little trivia.

    Blight, for instance, could be played on the Old Autohaven maps.

    Oh I know my friend. The iffy optimization comes for us all, regardless of platform. Imo our precious Switch cousins have it the absolute worst!

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3650547#Comment_3650547

    There was a time where people would send rage messages to their opponents during the xbox live era of the Xbox and 360. It wasn't necessarily common, but I do remember it happening a few times playing Halo online.

    Though honestly I'm more concerned with some rather unhinged individual deciding to take it a bit further. When swatting is a thing people do and information is all over the internet that someone really persistence might be able to track down personal information, the risk of leaving your profile public is quite high now.

    Oh yes, thats actually the worst. Putting someone elses life into danger, over a video game...

    Some people really need help.

  • @powerpuffCheryl said:

    Because SoloQ is garbage

    But Solo Q has basically the same escape rate as a full SWF according to the official stats. Mmm.... makes me wonder

  • The game is too easy if you are willing to cross certain lines, and too hard if you aren't. Then you have to hope you match up against (and potentially with) other people with your exact same mindset to have a reasonable match.

    For Survivor, just play SWF using clock callouts, prioritize gen-b4-fren, use only the 10 best perks, and bring the most tricked out items.

    For Killer, just tunnel the weak link, proxy camp the hook, use only the 10 best perks, and bring the most tricked out Killer+add-on combos.

    If you play Killer without sweating, you have to hope the Survivors are doing the same. If you play Survivor without sweating, you have to hope that not only the Killer is doing the same, but your fellow Survivors are as well. (That's why I say soloq is far worse, because someone who is supposed to help you can instead hurt you.)

    I hard uninstalled because the game was too sweaty for me to enjoy either side's matches anymore. I hate playing sweatlord Killers, and like playing 'dumb, but it works' stuff like Penti/Plaything/Thana Myers without Tombstone. At the same time in soloq, Killers kept tunneling my baby teammates, and people would waste time trying to help them, causing a 3/4k. I blame MMR for the sweatfest, and if I ever return (and they don't fix MMR) I will always purposely die at endgame as Survivor, and always only hook Survivors twice as Killer.

  • The teammates I am put with are horrible, I have literally been put with people who have less than an hour before and I have over 3k hours.

    The teams I go against when I play killer are excellent.

1 2 3 ›