"Demogorgon, Shred, and Camera Issues; Oh My!"
Demogorgon has been in the game for a really long time, and I mained them back when I played on Console. As time as progressed I have seen Demogorgon changed, break, get fixed, etc. Ive noticed a lot of issues and Ive done a bit of research before diving into this since I want to avoid putting any misinformation.
Camera/Head Positioning...
This is something that has really been bothering.
Demogorgon USE to be able to look down and their head position would be located further down than it was before, it could be used to completely break LOS with Survivors and was only useful on niche loops that had just the right height for it.
Keyword to this being "USE" since it was removed, originally I thought it was a bug until I looked through older bug reports to see that it was labeled as "not a bug" despite never officially being listed as a change in the Patch Notes.
For the sake of brevity, this being removed poses a few other issues since it effectively changed the look animations for looking up and down which results in Demogorgon's head position looking really awkward and unnatural; in some cases, it can even prove detrimental to Survivors since it can be harder to tell if Demo is looking down to avoid a flashlight.
I think restoring the camera/head positioning to what it was before will honestly be better, it helps improve visual clarity in some areas and give Demo an extra layer of depth when mindgaming certain loops, I overall see it was a win/win.
Shred...
Shred has not really been changed in a long time, but I feel as if there are aspects that should be addressed with it.
Shred has a certain "look angle" in which it can be charged. You can look down and still charge Shred but there is a roughly 20 degree angle from the maximum vertical look angle in which you cannot charge Shred. Why exactly is any of this relevant?
As long as Shred is charged, the look angle does not matter for you actually using Shred...
So why is there an arbitrary restriction for him using his power? Demogorgon already has plenty of warning signs of his power, he has an audio cue, visual feedback, and an ability that can still be reacted to and countered in normal gameplay.
ALSO...
When Patch 6.1.0 came out, the Hit Basic Attack and Break Action Speed cooldowns were decreased to make the game feel more fluid from the Killer's end, however for Demogorgon was never really buffed to fit with those changes, and they still rely on the old Action Speeds for their current actions involving their power.
Demogorgon... Well Actually His Addons...
Demogorgon is already a really decent Killer, and I feel as if they need something to help elevate them. Demo does not have the worst addons out there, since Pyramid Head and Nemesis currently take the cake on that one, but I feel as if Demogorgon has more potential for addons that is ultimately never capitalized on.
He has two aspects of his power: Shred and Portals/Of The Abyss.
And most of his addons end up only affecting his Portals. Of the 20 addons that Demogorgon has, 4 actually affect Shred, and 17 affect Portals/Of The Abyss (keep in mind 1 addon is a hybrid and affects both Shred and Portals). I think it would be better if there was a better diversity of addons that allowed Demogorgon to have more unique playstyles.
Again, none of this is to say that Demo has awful addons, far from it, most of their addons are good, but I really feel dissatisfied with the lack of variety considering the amount of potential that is there... and since I dont want to leave on such a sour note, I have provides some ideas of what can be done:
- Unknown Egg: Hitting a Survivor with Shred transfers your Terror Radius to them for 15 seconds, the Terror Radius is set to 32-meters and cannot be modified. You become Undetectable.
- Violet Waxcup: Survivors injured by Shred are put into Deep Wounds.
- Upside Down Resin: Continue a Shred after breaking a pallet or wall. This effect cannot put a Survivor into the Dying State. Hit Special Attack cooldown increased by 10%.
Obviously I dont know how these would be in terms of balance but they are just some examples of unique Shred addons that could be added.
Comments